Body Recomposition

kronikenergy

Awards
I posted this on another site as well but I thought that I would run it buy you guys also....

I am around 30 years old and am looking to get back into shape after a two year hiatus because I started a new company and was working like a dog. Things are up and running and I would like to balance out my life a bit more and get back to being healthy, happy and in shape. I am 5'11'' and currently weight 220 and have a 38'' waist. I feel like a freaking slob. In any case, I would like to loose weight as well as gain some muscle, nothing crazy, just have an athletic looking physique. For example, some one on the cover of muscle and fitness magazine rather than muscular development magazine.

Here's the catch, with my history (had an eventfull life) a schedule three product would prob get me 25 to life and life is to good to take that risk for me. So i am stuck with 1. Clen 2. superdrol and 3 Oratropin. I know the clen should do what it is supposed to but the others I'm not so sure. Always sceptical of the store bought stuff.

Next, If say, best case scenario they all work great. What would the best order to use them be? Would it be A. bulk up first and build muscle because more muscle burns more calories? or B Diet and clen to get slimmer while doing cardio, then the superdrol and then the oratropin? or C. none of the above?

Given my goals and what i have to work with what would you suggest? Thanks in advance. Everybody here seems very helpful.

Ok, diet. Now this has just been the last few days since I decided to get healthy again. Breakfast-oatmeal and muscle milk. Lunch-nonfat cottage cheese, chicken breasts. Snack- muscle milk. Dinner-Some meat either fish, chicken or steak, vegetables and salad.
I will also sometimes buy those bulk egg whites and make a plate of eggwhites for a snack.
For work outs i will eat a little oatmeal and drink half a muscle milk pre-work out then drink a post workout carb/protien drink along with the other half of the muscle milk.
bought some Udo's choice esential fatty acids and do 2 tablespoons a day of that.
For workouts since it has been a while and i don't want an injury i was planning on doing a 15 min cardio before then doing lower wieght higher rep stuff untill I feel comfortable lifting again (2 weeks or so). Then moving on to a more traditional workout with a couple days of cardio a week. How does this look?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I posted this on another site as well but I thought that I would run it buy you guys also....

I am around 30 years old and am looking to get back into shape after a two year hiatus because I started a new company and was working like a dog. Things are up and running and I would like to balance out my life a bit more and get back to being healthy, happy and in shape. I am 5'11'' and currently weight 220 and have a 38'' waist. I feel like a freaking slob. In any case, I would like to loose weight as well as gain some muscle, nothing crazy, just have an athletic looking physique. For example, some one on the cover of muscle and fitness magazine rather than muscular development magazine.

Here's the catch, with my history (had an eventfull life) a schedule three product would prob get me 25 to life and life is to good to take that risk for me. So i am stuck with 1. Clen 2. superdrol and 3 Oratropin. I know the clen should do what it is supposed to but the others I'm not so sure. Always sceptical of the store bought stuff.

Next, If say, best case scenario they all work great. What would the best order to use them be? Would it be A. bulk up first and build muscle because more muscle burns more calories? or B Diet and clen to get slimmer while doing cardio, then the superdrol and then the oratropin? or C. none of the above?

Given my goals and what i have to work with what would you suggest? Thanks in advance. Everybody here seems very helpful.

Ok, diet. Now this has just been the last few days since I decided to get healthy again. Breakfast-oatmeal and muscle milk. Lunch-nonfat cottage cheese, chicken breasts. Snack- muscle milk. Dinner-Some meat either fish, chicken or steak, vegetables and salad.
I will also sometimes buy those bulk egg whites and make a plate of eggwhites for a snack.
For work outs i will eat a little oatmeal and drink half a muscle milk pre-work out then drink a post workout carb/protien drink along with the other half of the muscle milk.
bought some Udo's choice esential fatty acids and do 2 tablespoons a day of that.
For workouts since it has been a while and i don't want an injury i was planning on doing a 15 min cardio before then doing lower wieght higher rep stuff untill I feel comfortable lifting again (2 weeks or so). Then moving on to a more traditional workout with a couple days of cardio a week. How does this look?
The answer is C, none of the above. If you haven't worked out for two years you've got good year or two of getting back into things before you should even begin to think about supplementing with anything other than basics like creatine. Two years is a hell of a deconditioning period, your body should respond very well to good diet and a well designed workout regimen.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've always had a powerful, supercompensation period when I start back training after a long hiatus. Wait until you completely plateau, have tried everything you can try to break it, then look to those "supplements." Not meaning to sound like I'm bossing you around, but use the money you would have used for SD or whatever to buy lots of good food. That's what I'd do anyway.

kronikenergy

Awards
Thank you very much for the responses. I apreciate the honesty. I have no question that you know what you are talking about because most of you are at a place physically where I would like to be, so it only makes sense to listen to those who have gone before me and trust their advice. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do (to learn about proper nutrition and diet) is there anything that you would suggest? I get muscle and fitness magazine and have started reading muscular development. Thanks again. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future.

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
Most fitness magazines are absolute garbage..

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
As for reading material I would try Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's an ebook so you can find it on the net. I really liked it and I always recommend it to beginners.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Tom Venuto is a great choice. Like others will tell you, most of the mags out there are just to pimp products, and although many here will disagree with me I like Men's Health for those who are just starting out because they aren't all about trying to sell their sponsers' products. Don't take this the wrong way, but since you've already joined why not use the search and take advantage of the past posts here on AM. At least that's free! Although it's a college textbook, I've learned a great deal from Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism by James Groff (among others).