Shoulder help please

Physiquechick

Awards
Hi

My traps are so big they make my shoulders look small

I also need my shoulder caps to get rounder.

What can I do

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stop doing so many movements that cause your shoulder blades to elevate. Be mindful of your traps and lower trap position on your movements and build your 3D shoulder appearance. Excercise selection isn't really gna kill ya here.

Physiquechick

Awards
Its so hard to not engage my traps. I find that even on weird exercises such as leg extensions ob those last few reps when its burning lime hell, I engage them

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Its so hard to not engage my traps. I find that even on weird exercises such as leg extensions ob those last few reps when its burning lime hell, I engage them
There is a difference in flexing while bracing during an opposing muscle group and flexing while directly training upper body. Bracing during a leg extensions should cause no issues with trap development. Now doing that during a shoulder press is a different story.

Physiquechick

Awards
There is a difference in flexing while bracing during an opposing muscle group and flexing while directly training upper body. Bracing during a leg extensions should cause no issues with trap development. Now doing that during a shoulder press is a different story.[/QUOTE

They engage on any shoulder mivement i have to et that mind muscle connection stronger. They just keep growinf lol i ****ing love them but they dwarf ny shoulders and i compete. Cant have that

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
There is a difference in flexing while bracing during an opposing muscle group and flexing while directly training upper body. Bracing during a leg extensions should cause no issues with trap development. Now doing that during a shoulder press is a different story.[/QUOTE

They engage on any shoulder mivement i have to et that mind muscle connection stronger. They just keep growinf lol i ****ing love them but they dwarf ny shoulders and i compete. Cant have that
Everyones genetics are different. I cant get my traps to engauge even when I am directly training them for the most part. The only advice I can give is to try and do single arm isolation movments and really focus on the muscle that you are working.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
I also have giant traps. I stopped isolating them directly. They still grow. Sometimes genetics just take over man. Embrace the cobra.