AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of use here take training seriously so I would imagine most, if not all of us, have watched videos or read articles that talk about exercises the general public does not incorporate.

My question is simple, what is that one exercise you do that makes people give you a WTF look?

3parks

Awards
Intense focus on compound lifts and not isolation

Incline barbel/dumbbell press if I had to name one

FeAddict

Awards
All of use here take training seriously so I would imagine most, if not all of us, have watched videos or read articles that talk about exercises the general public does not incorporate.

My question is simple, what is that one exercise you do that makes people give you a WTF look?
Glute-ham raises on a lat pull down bench

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super heavy weighted dips and pull-ups always attract gawkers. Using chains and resistance bands or my Slingshot while benching. Performing 315 lb squats on a hover board. Grabbing the hottest girls you can find and bench pressing them. Lol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super heavy weighted dips and pull-ups always attract gawkers. Using chains and resistance bands or my Slingshot while benching. Performing 315 lb squats on my hover board. Grabbing the hottest girls I can find and bench pressing them. Lol.
Haha. Pretty much the first part. Pull-ups with at least a 45 and dips with at least 90lbs seem to get some attention.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The banded wall spider crawl to finish out shoulders. People are like wtf is that.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pyramid race from 10 on Dips, then someone pulls your legs out front and you do 10 push-ups. All ascend all the way down to 1. It's death and captivates many.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pyramid race from 10 on Dips, then someone pulls your legs out front and you do 10 push-ups. All ascend all the way down to 1. It's death and captivates many.
Sounds tough. Do you take any breaks?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Calf raises with the stack + 4 x 45lb plates stacked on top.
Farmer walks around the perimeter of the gym with the trap bar and 225. Usually on my 2 lap I start getting people staring.

CJuggernaut

CJuggernaut

Board Sponsor
Awards
Around the world! Circuit
Bench x 6reps
Deadlift x 6reps
Shoulder Press x 6reps
Squats x 6reps
-Rest 5min
-Repeat for 6sets

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I began the thread without stating what I get looked at for. For me, it is definitely hip thrusts. I have worked up to 285 pounds, so I don't know if that's what gets the odd looks or the fact that I am the only guy I have ever seen in my gym perform them. The females at my gym do it all the time though. Guys seem to give me a WTF look and females actually seem impressed.

Calf raises with the stack + 4 x 45lb plates stacked on top.
Farmer walks around the perimeter of the gym with the trap bar and 225. Usually on my 2 lap I start getting people staring.
That would be normal at my gym. People like to bounce the weight so much. I don't know how achilles aren't torn. Speaking of calves, I was able to do the stack, but lately I have been focusing on a 3-5 second squeeze at the contraction and coming to a dead stop at the bottom to make sure I am only working my calves. I have had to drop the weight dramatically.

CJuggernaut

CJuggernaut

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cage presses (use the cage during shoulder Barbell presses as friction/resistance), watched Meadows do them a few years back and added them to my staple of exercise. But people look at me funny every time I do them.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know I began the thread without stating what I get looked at for. For me, it is definitely hip thrusts. I have worked up to 285 pounds, so I don't know if that's what gets the odd looks or the fact that I am the only guy I have ever seen in my gym perform them. The females at my gym do it all the time though. Guys seem to give me a WTF look and females actually seem impressed.

That would be normal at my gym. People like to bounce the weight so much. I don't know how achilles aren't torn. Speaking of calves, I was able to do the stack, but lately I have been focusing on a 3-5 second squeeze at the contraction and coming to a dead stop at the bottom to make sure I am only working my calves. I have had to drop the weight dramatically.
I get the old big girls need love too from doing them heavy

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, this is full ROM with squeeze at the top. Calves are one of my strongest areas.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Landmine Press or Cali Press with Swiss Bar. Oh, Single arm barbell shoulder presses and shrugs.

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
Super heavy weighted dips and pull-ups always attract gawkers. Using chains and resistance bands or my Slingshot while benching. Performing 315 lb squats on a hover board. Grabbing the hottest girls you can find and bench pressing them. Lol.
Haha ok BMFit

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, quite the opposite. I started lifting at 17 at 6' and 155lbs. Everything was built.
Wow, you must have hit your calves hard when you started. I asked because I was a fat kid and have really good calves. I have noticed people that are/were overweight dominant in that department.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are and I understand why you were asking. :) I started with 14 inch calves and they are a hair under 18" today.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
There is a harness you can wrap on your dick and hold a weight down it. Rack pulls get attention as well.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Fruit Bats. I do them, so you don't have to.