HIIT + lifting for muscle and fat loss

snakes

Awards
Is it possible for high intensity workouts in addition to lifting to preserve muscle mass while cutting fat? I'm thinking of adding 20 minute interval sprinting sessions 3-4 times a week in addition to my normal lifting routine. My main goal is to shed as much fat as possible in about 2 months, but I don't want to lose muscle.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If you want to preserve mass with HI IT or even LIIS. You need proper nutrition and supplementation. A gradual drop in daily caloric intake is key. Personally I love to run natty anabolics at this stage. Epiplex and xgels are my go to for bulking and cutting. For your current goal I'd say give those two a try.

snakes

Awards
Have you thought about trying EC stack?
I know EC stacks help with suppressing appetite and keeping energy up during a cut, but does it also help preserve muscle?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I know EC stacks help with suppressing appetite and keeping energy up during a cut, but does it also help preserve muscle?
Sorry just saw this and yeah I believe there were a few studies that proved it does in deed preserve muscle a bit.

It's an adregernic activator only problem is it raises cortisol levels so I take Ashwagandha before bed to counter act the higher levels of cortisol but you do want cortisol during the day and after workout cause it leads to gluconeogenesis which converts fats into glucose and used into energy only problem is raised levels of cortisol for too long will start ripping through muscle which is why I use ashwagandha at night I'm not entirely sure on the mechanics of why Ephedrine preserves muscle but I know it does to a certain degree.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Those methods are great tools and can get you there, but drastic changes in weight come with sacrificing some muscle. If you want to maintain for muscle and not lose any, you need to slowly cut over time. This is all assuming you are taking the natural route

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it possible for high intensity workouts in addition to lifting to preserve muscle mass while cutting fat? I'm thinking of adding 20 minute interval sprinting sessions 3-4 times a week in addition to my normal lifting routine. My main goal is to shed as much fat as possible in about 2 months, but I don't want to lose muscle.
The key is to finding the least amount of cardio for YOU to lose the fat you want but keep muscle/size or add more. Diet is key as always. I do jump rope for 15 min HIIT 3x a week and that works for me.

chaossentry

Awards
I do the same thing,so far the best combination I have found is this stack. Folliodrone 2.0 + Orig1n for muscle building. Then Sup3r Shred and Assassinate from OL Labs. Personally I like the feeling of DCP because nothing stayed long in my stomach for it to stick.

I do 5x5 3 times a week and twice to three times a week 20 mins on the tread with 5 HIIT spring cycles. I have dropped good amount of body fat. My traps have gotten huge.