Failure with biceps?

SlavicStrong

Awards
Bad to go to failure on every set with biceps?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
IMO I would say depends if you're doing lots of sets. I have in the past had the feeling where when I went to fail every set and did like 6-7 exercises of 3 or more sets of biceps my biceps felt flat the next day and I felt like I got no growth.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
I am someone who has great arms.. by far the strongest and muscle in my body.. and I would not advise on going to failure on every single exercise.

If you go to failure on every set, you are really burning out that muscle.. just like any other body muscle you would train.

What you can do instead is:-

1. Go to failure on maybe 1-2 out of 4 exercises
2. Try supersets
2. Work with positives and negatives
3. Finish off a set with half reps
4. Let your last exercise be something like 21's

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Well, i go till failure on every set

Biceps 8~9 series at most

Triceps 10~11 series at most

I also add rest and pause on every last rep.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am someone who has great arms.. by far the strongest and muscle in my body.. and I would not advise on going to failure on every single exercise.

If you go to failure on every set, you are really burning out that muscle.. just like any other body muscle you would train.

What you can do instead is:-

1. Go to failure on maybe 1-2 out of 4 exercises
2. Try supersets
2. Work with positives and negatives
3. Finish off a set with half reps
4. Let your last exercise be something like 21's
Great advice.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking a PH and my biceps are feeling harder after going to failure.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Over over-training will cause to wake up smaller and weaker if you are not enhanced real good IMO. Although back and legs can take bigger punishment, you should leave the muscles, after training, in a condition that are able to recover in a timely manner. Otherwise you can train 110% each muscle and train E3D, have done that and I benefit from it quite good

SlavicStrong

Awards
I'll be more conscious from now on about how often I go to failure on smaller muscles groups. Might do failure on my last few sets, because I still feel some form of failure is going to trigger muscle growth.