Good Bicep workout?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
So with the chumps all hitting the free weights section and making it busy, I retire to the machines section. theres a bicep machine, and its fine, however i need something else to do biceps

for triceps i use the cables, pull down motion and it hits them hard

biceps, its lacking. cable pull down hits them a bit....

any ideas?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
So with the chumps all hitting the free weights section and making it busy, I retire to the machines section. theres a bicep machine, and its fine, however i need something else to do biceps

any ideas?
After you're done with your pulldowns move the cable to the bottom grab the ropes with your thumbs on top of the rope ends with your hands wrapped around it and curl it you can do plenty of variations on the cables even grabbing a bar hooking it on the cable machine and curling it with different grips if there's​ no room in the free weight area just grab some weights and move to another section that's what I usually do at busy times

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

any ideas?
Grab yourself some DBs and walk off to another side of the gym.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards

any ideas?

I would really do my best to stick to the free weights as those are what tend to be the most efficient. There is a reason that section of the gym is always full.. I repeat what TheMovement said above about grabbing some Dumbbells and heading over to an emptier area. It's fine to use the machines as well, but I would not make them my only workouts..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These are the main (but not limited to) bicep and triceps machine workouts that I regularly do:

Preacher curl
Rope hammer
Reverse grip curl
Wide grip vs narrow grip
21s
Close grip pull ups

Rope extension

Shoulder width grip vs narrow grip push downs on straight bar

Reverse grip pull downs with straight bar

Triangle push downs

Reverse grip bench on smith machine

Close grip bench on smith machine

Dips (weighted vs body weight for high reps)

When I do machines I like to incorporate drop sets and negatives often