Farmer's stroll?

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
So as you all know, farmer's walk involves walking short distanced while holding large amounts of weight. They are great and their effectiveness is well documented. What I am talking about here would be holding on to 5-10lb dumbbells on each hand and doing light cardio on the treadmill for say 10minutes or until your arms get tired. I have been wondering if this is a legitimate strategy to strengthen stabilizers, better warm up your entire body and create a more "whole body" light cardio.

If anyone has any anecdotal information that would be great! Otherwise shoot some broscience at me! *Puts on helmet*

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A weighted vest might prove to be more effective and comfortable instead of having to hold your arms at your side with weights.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
A weighted vest might prove to be more effective and comfortable instead of having to hold your arms at your side with weights.
That actually sounds cool, I might consider it. What I was thinking was somethign that would also work all my shoulder stabilizers, forearms, serratus and ribcarge muscles as you hold the dumbbells tight to your body.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Well the overarching answers is yes, of course. Any type of work your muscles do (followed with adequate nutrition) will result in strength. The question isn't will it strength muscles. It's how effectively will it strengthen muscles and by how much and how quickly. To provide answers to those questions that you deem satisfactory simply depend on your goals. If your goal is to strengthen your grip strength by 0.1% over the course of 4 years, well I think you will be well satisfied. If your goal is to add 60% more volume to your forearms in 2 months, then I think you will be deeply dissatisfied.

But here's my bro input: hell yea! Do that sh**. Grab some weights, put that treadmill on an incline, get a fast walk going and break a sweat. Keep pushing and going until your forearms and shoulder and traps are so on fire that you forget your even walking! Why? Cause more pain more gain! Haha.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAH I love the BRONSWER! I figuref im just gonna do my own research and see what it does for me. Next week I will be trying 10 mins of this before my workouts and see what happens over time.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
I for one would just stick to LISS on the treadmill and load heavy on short intense farmers walks. When you push it, they are amazing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
emiliozapata Supplements 16
Training Forum 7
Anabolics 1
Post Cycle Therapy 0
CryingEmo General Chat 16