y don't i get sore?

dess

Awards
whenever i take a break for a 2-3 weeks and start working out again i'll get sore the first time i work out that body part but not after that. i thought maybe my body responds differently to building muscle and i don't get sore, but recently i threw in some new chest excersises and for the last 2 months my chest gets pretty sore for as long as to 2-3 days after every chest day. i tried throwing in new things into my other bodypart workouts but they still don't get sore. does that mean i am not working them out with enough intensity. also have another question is it bad to workout a bodypart ocassionally with only one day of rest in between. thanx for help.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
Try doing some Holds and Time Under Tension tricks.

Grab a couple 60lb dumbells in each hand and just hold them at your side to failure. Grip tightly. Keep doing sets of this to failure until you can only hold them for about 10 seconds or so before hitting failure. I gaurentee soreness!

Also doing sets of deadlifts or squats, like 10 seconds down/up for 12-15 reps should make ya pretty damn sore the next day.

Another trick is when doing shrugs and barbell row, hold the bar in the top position for about 20 seconds before going back down to start a new rep.

These are all fun things to shock your body and cause soreness... but Honestly... I don't think soreness=muscle growth. It's fun now and then, nonetheless.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to be sore? Personally I don't like being sore. If soreness=muscle I would still weigh 180 lbs. If you're growing and getting stronger don't worry about it.

mibu852

Awards
If you REALLY like getting sore, try some long negatives.

I tried to warn ya though..... ;-).

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
also have another question is it bad to workout a bodypart ocassionally with only one day of rest in between. thanx for help.
This depends on the intensity of the workouts- If your like most of us I'd say yes (it's bad.) I give myself 5-7 days rest.

If you train like the majority of the population days then a Mon/Wed/Friday full body moderate intensity is fine IMO.

As far as the soreness- Say your not sore the next day- Doesn't mean your muscle fibers weren't/aren't damaged.

Rest, rest, rest.