What was the best pump/vascular workout you have every got?

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Hey guys. I want to hear what was the best pump /vascular workout you have gotten and why you got it? Was it after that thanksgiving pie? Was it cuz of a peri workout? Did you carb load after a fast/ low carb period? Let me hear it

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
GVT on cable curls supersetted with rope push downs. I've done it a few times with friends just to see how well eachother do on it. No specifics needed. You'll get a crazy pump as long as form is decent

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
yep carb loaded after a fast while also running mk677. Blew up like a balloon and couldn't move anymore.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys. I want to hear what was the best pump /vascular workout you have gotten and why you got it? Was it after that thanksgiving pie? Was it cuz of a peri workout? Did you carb load after a fast/ low carb period? Let me hear it
I do this method (I am about to explain it) about once every two months or so for a week at a time. 100% of the time it delivered great pumps. Also changes things up from my normal routine.

For example, if I am training biceps, this is what I do...let's say start out with barbell curl. Start with the bar and do 12 reps, then add on let's say 10 pounds total and do another 12 reps so on and so on. I do that for 4 total sets followed by a 2 minute break. After my break I start with the weight I just ended with and work my way down. Then move on to another bicep exercise. Might change the reps (8 instead of 12 or 20 instead of 12).

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Cheers I'm going to try this.

I also like serge nubrets arm routine

8X12 of a bicep exercise supersetted with 8X12 of a tricep exercise
repeat this with two different exercises
25-30 seconds rest between supersets
total of 32 sets
start with 20rm and drop weight as required to complete sets.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheers I'm going to try this.

I also like serge nubrets arm routine

8X12 of a bicep exercise supersetted with 8X12 of a tricep exercise
repeat this with two different exercises
25-30 seconds rest between supersets
total of 32 sets
start with 20rm and drop weight as required to complete sets.
Drop sets/super sets are a great way to get pumps. I get a solid pump regardless of how I train. Drop/super sets only magnify it for me.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
super setting, high reps, and drop setting will give me a good pump. as far as diet is concerned, i havent noticed a significant difference in my pump as far as diet is concerned. Its primarily how i rep it.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
super setting, high reps, and drop setting will give me a good pump. as far as diet is concerned, i havent noticed a significant difference in my pump as far as diet is concerned. Its primarily how i rep it.
I notice more of a pump when I have dextrose in my Gatorade during my workout

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
I notice more of a pump when I have dextrose in my Gatorade during my workout
sounds simple enough to do... I'm addicted to the pump so.... I might try this and report back

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I've experimented a little with carb back loading which is basically where you eat little to no carbs during the day and then carb up big time at night and then go workout fasted in the morning. It's given me some killer pumps before.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
I've experimented a little with carb back loading which is basically where you eat little to no carbs during the day and then carb up big time at night and then go workout fasted in the morning. It's given me some killer pumps before.
Traditional carb backloading calls for tons of carbs immediately post workout. Like a carb-heavy shake post workout, and then some more carbs with a meal after that? I've never heard of doing "keto" during the day, slamming carbs before bed, then working out fasted. If you know something I don't, do tell... I'm all ears!

gains2bmade

gains2bmade

Awards
This is my first post btw..I would have to say a good pump was when I tried a variation of Serge Nubret's old school routine of Flat barbell press 20 sets 20 reps 15-35 seconds max rest. I couldn't even touch my shoulders after. It was amazing.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
This is my first post btw..I would have to say a good pump was when I tried a variation of Serge Nubret's old school routine of Flat barbell press 20 sets 20 reps 15-35 seconds max rest. I couldn't even touch my shoulders after. It was amazing.
I've noticed that on high rep days the pump is pretty good. I've never done anything close to 20 sets of 20 though . I'm almost tempted to try it but Im also quite lazy

Welcome btw !

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Traditional carb backloading calls for tons of carbs immediately post workout. Like a carb-heavy shake post workout, and then some more carbs with a meal after that? I've never heard of doing "keto" during the day, slamming carbs before bed, then working out fasted. If you know something I don't, do tell... I'm all ears!
Well I don't really have any science to back it up, but they way I did it was keto on off days, and then on training days I would carb up at night with whatever I wanted (pizza, ice cream, pasta, whatever - assuming you've stuck strictly to keto on your off days and during the first half of your training days). I always train in the morning though, so this "carb up" would never be directly post workout. Surprisingly, I would often wake up leaner on days that I carb load at night. Idk it worked pretty well for me, but i only did it for like a month. When I go to lean out for the summer, I plan to use this dieting approach as well.

gains2bmade

gains2bmade

Awards
I've noticed that on high rep days the pump is pretty good. I've never done anything close to 20 sets of 20 though . I'm almost tempted to try it but Im also quite lazy

Welcome btw !
Ya it's an amazing pump and if you use light moderate weight that can be controlled and it's also a great way to build the chest because the recovery time isn't bad at all.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't really have any science to back it up, but they way I did it was keto on off days, and then on training days I would carb up at night with whatever I wanted (pizza, ice cream, pasta, whatever - assuming you've stuck strictly to keto on your off days and during the first half of your training days). I always train in the morning though, so this "carb up" would never be directly post workout. Surprisingly, I would often wake up leaner on days that I carb load at night. Idk it worked pretty well for me, but i only did it for like a month. When I go to lean out for the summer, I plan to use this dieting approach as well.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'd only heard of carb loading post workout. The problem for me is I have to work out in the mornings tho, so maybe your tactic will better suit my needs than the traditional method.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'd only heard of carb loading post workout. The problem for me is I have to work out in the mornings tho, so maybe your tactic will better suit my needs than the traditional method.
Exactly. I just sorta did my own minor adjustments to the traditional way because I too train in the mornings. It's at least worth a shot for a couple o weeks to see if you feel like it'll work well for you and your individual lifestyle.

Whitestang

Whitestang

Awards
I had an arm pump so big it hurt when I did some kind of Ct fletcher arm workoit

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
This is my first post btw..I would have to say a good pump was when I tried a variation of Serge Nubret's old school routine of Flat barbell press 20 sets 20 reps 15-35 seconds max rest. I couldn't even touch my shoulders after. It was amazing.[/QUOTE

Made more gains on Serge Nubrets routines than any other. Whatever worked well for the guy does the job for me too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my first post btw..I would have to say a good pump was when I tried a variation of Serge Nubret's old school routine of Flat barbell press 20 sets 20 reps 15-35 seconds max rest. I couldn't even touch my shoulders after. It was amazing.[/QUOTE

Made more gains on Serge Nubrets routines than any other. Whatever worked well for the guy does the job for me too.
10x10 is hard enough!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've been doing one of his other chest routines last couple months 32x12 with 25 seconds rest. You choose 4 chest exercises. so 8 sets of each. Definitely put some size on my chest.

MNmuscle

Awards
Best pump I ever had was from the Mi40 foundation program. It uses 4 count eccentric motions, triple dropsets, and only 45 seconds rest between most exercises

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Generally I found myself having great pumps after loading carbs 3 hours before training then after a good digestion taking a pump focus pre workout in terms of nutrition.

In terms of training I find machines and most of all cables to give me a great pump, biceps curls at high cables and triceps pushdown with a rope.

I was used to get a great pump from the bench press and pull ups too when I was a beginner but now its just a normal one nothing that would tear my shirt apart.

So in my opinion it takes a good amount of carbs and water, the digestion has to be complete so the stomach is empty and the blood is free plus a pump focused product.

Low carbs, dehydration or food still in the stomach does the opposite.

I usually train bis and tris togheter and combining heavy loads with free weights and medium loads at medium high reps with cables right after makes them hard as if they were full of air.