Best programme to follow?

WurenWarrior

Awards
Hi, I've started working out down the gym or at home and been gaining unnoticeable weight since March ,
I'm now looking to really step the training up and was wondering what would be the best programme to follow?
I have got Tyler English Bodybuildng bible
Any good for a beginner?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's no best program as everyone is different.

What's the overall goal? What equipment do you have at home or available to use at the gym? Unnoticeable weight gain? It's always noticeable so get circumference measurements done. Lastly what have you done already program wise if any?

WurenWarrior

Awards
No programs just been going through the motions tbf, at home I have barbell, dumbbell and a bench the gym has all the normall equipment, I workout mainly at home on my work days and I go to the gym on my two days off. My goals are to put on size whilst gaining strength, I'm in my early 30's and weight 69kilos( was 55kg at end of March) I supplement my food with protein shakes.
Been looking at all the other diff supps and will be buying some creatine , pre-workout ( I work 14hrs a day so thought the pre workout will help with the get up and go in the mornings)
Thank you for your response

WurenWarrior

Awards
Oh the weight gain, my misses noticed me filling out but I can't see no change well my shoulders are starting to actually fill my tops but my arms are still noodles lll

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO, if you are only starting out and your goal is to get larger, thicker, stronger and more powerful, then programs utilizing the big 5-7 compound lifts first and foremost are best.
Squatting
Leg Pressing
Bench Pressing
Deadlifting
Standing Overhead or Military pressing
Bent Rowing
Dips (some guys can get a good bit out of dips without shoulder problems, other guys are not so lucky)
Chins/pull ups/pull downs
Incline Presses
Leg raises or ab or trunk work
etc.
These compound exercises work the entire largest structures and mass of the body, both muscle wise and systemically. (building fitness, lung capacity, work capacity etc.) You do not have to do them all in a program/routine, but they are very effective ones to add mass and power all over the body.
Since you are relatively new to W/O's, then keeping the sets around 3-4 and rep ranges between 8-12, will build muscle, along with giving you time before going too heavy (in say a 5x5) plus you learn the forms and your leverages with more manageable weights, (especially in say squatting and or deadlifting.)
Focus on those first, then at the end of W/O's, do your smaller stuff, or isolation moves.
Combine those with healthy eating and resting and you will grow.

clk

clk

Awards
If you're new to lifting, just getting on ANY program that utilizes compound movements will be greatly benificial. Being new to this game, your body is going to grow like a weed. It will respond to any sort of programing.

The most important thing is to pick a program and stick to it. Programs track your progress and keep you honest. Which is absolutely necessary.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a basic rundown of a routine that I am currently using.

Monday - chest / tri
Tuesday - back/bi
Wednesday- legs/shoulders
Thursday - off
Friday- off/ab/minimal cardio
Saturday - full body routine

Here is how my reps play out

Incline bench - warmup with 10 somewhat slow reps

8/6/4/4/6/8

I'm loving this (for now)

AllTheGainz

Awards
The best program is different for everyone. Some people love 2 a days, some love hitting the same nuclear once a week, and some twice a week. Some only focus on the main 3 lifts etc etc.

For just starting out if recommend a full body workout for the simple fact that your body will grow immensely almost irregardless of the type of training you do. A full body workout is great, trains all the muscle groups while letting your body rest adequately. Later on down the road your body will adjust and adapt to this type of training and that's when you switch things up. Start dedicating individual days for specific muscle groups etc.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best program is different for everyone. Some people love 2 a days, some love hitting the same nuclear once a week, and some twice a week. Some only focus on the main 3 lifts etc etc.

For just starting out if recommend a full body workout for the simple fact that your body will grow immensely almost irregardless of the type of training you do. A full body workout is great, trains all the muscle groups while letting your body rest adequately. Later on down the road your body will adjust and adapt to this type of training and that's when you switch things up. Start dedicating individual days for specific muscle groups etc.
Agreed. Or even a push/pull split would work.