Neck press?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Curious if anyone else has tried this I did a couple days ago after reading how hard it hits the upper pecs so I tried it with lightweight 185 first two sets defiantly hit the upper pecs great but on the second rep on the third set it destroyed my shoulder now I can barely hold my daughter above my head only certain movements that really hurt just wondering if this happens often with this workout or if it's just something I might have done

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds a bit like "impingement" on the rotator cuff muscles. Certain exercises (ie: dips, upright rows etc.) and certain individuals can have problems with the little cuff muscles that stabilize the shoulder, as they get wrung out so to speak, over the shoulders bones.
I think an incline press would probably be a little better or less restricting. I don't think many people advocate pressing to the neck.
See also, "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" Horrigan. It is a pretty good read for maintaining healthy shoulders.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Sounds a bit like "impingement" on the rotator cuff muscles. Certain exercises (ie: dips, upright rows etc.) and certain individuals can have problems with the little cuff muscles that stabilize the shoulder, as they get wrung out so to speak, over the shoulders bones.
I think an incline press would probably be a little better or less restricting. I don't think many people advocate pressing to the neck.
See also, "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" Horrigan. It is a pretty good read for maintaining healthy shoulders.
I will defiantly check that out always had problems with my shoulders I guess from sports I appreciate you input bruh I don't think I'm gunna mess with them anymore lol

BoloYeung1

BoloYeung1

Awards
I've done these with only 135 for 5 sets of 10. With a slightly narrow grip they work well. Warm up the rotator cuffs first. Larry Scott has a video on this called Hypergrowth on YouTube. This along with his decline fly technique really work on the upper attachments of the pectoral muscle that connect under the shoulder. No need to go heavy on these...maybe that's what you did?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Maybe so I haven't tried it sense lil

CJNator

Awards
Curious if anyone else has tried this I did a couple days ago after reading how hard it hits the upper pecs so I tried it with lightweight 185 first two sets defiantly hit the upper pecs great but on the second rep on the third set it destroyed my shoulder now I can barely hold my daughter above my head only certain movements that really hurt just wondering if this happens often with this workout or if it's just something I might have done
Do close grip incline bench press if you want to hit you upper chest more, wide grip anything can mess up your rotator cuffs. I use to do wide grip everything and now my shoulder acts up from time to time. Now I do close grip with everything.