Resurrecting my youth

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys, here it goes. It was pointed out to me by another member that maybe logging this will keep my motivation up so Im going to try it. Quick intro.. Im a 38 year old, married father of a 15 year old young man thats becoming more athletic. Im a full time firefighter in North Carolina and work part time as an EMT as well as a firefighter at 2 other departments. Im ate up with badly healed injuries from being stupid and violent when younger. Im a Navy Veteran, and spent 2 years as a contract firefighter in Iraq. I have put the weight on in the last 6 years and Ive decided I want to go back to where I was in Iraq. Im on week 3 of LG sciences Trifecta Kit. Im working out as often as I can due to my schedule. Now, I started the run at 227 and now sitting at 231. Not sure about BF% but I can tell you Im becoming more defined, and everything is fitting better even with the weight going up, Im taking that as a good sign. I do have a torn rotator cuff, so Im working around that as Ive been told Its really " too old" to fix. When I started this, 175lbs on flat bench was killing my shoulder, but with a few grip changes I have it back up to 250(with pain). This past week Ive deadlifted and squatted 315 x10 each and today I threw up 225 on incline press on my 4th set. I will continue to log whatever gains I get, and will add pictures when I can. I dont have enough posts to add any yet! WTH?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you can put your ego aside, dumbbell bench will be easier on your shoulder than barbell bench. But we all love to be under that bar!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the dumbell bench too!! The issue I have is that my Captain(my workout partner) is on a much lower level than I am. With my shoulder, I have problems getting the dumbell into the starting position after about 70lbs, and he has issues getting anything heavier than that up and holding it for me. So for now, Ive been dead set at keeping it 65 or less and trying to keep everything tight throughout the negative and positive part of the lift. The best I can do for now. Thanks rodefeeh!

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Are you still on this trifecta cycle? How's it treating you? Been thinking of trying it.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you still on this trifecta cycle? How's it treating you? Been thinking of trying it.
It wasnt bad at all, but VERY mild. I did see some strength gains, and I leaned out a very little bit, but did become more solid. It did what I wanted for the most part, kickstart my body into transforming. I am using BPS Androcrine now, and logging it. In all honesty, In 7-8 days with the Androcrine, which is a transdermal cream by the way, I feel stronger and fuller. Ive already set a couple of minor PRs, and my appearance is definitely changing. In all honesty, Im not as intelligent as some of these other cats are (@lifted67, R1balla, Alpha1agreda ) but Id rather spend 1/2 the $ for several bottles of Androcrine than 1 mild cycle of the trifecta kit. Hope that answers your questions!?

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Yes, that helps a lot, I really appreciate your response. I'll look into this Androcrine as well, thanks.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, that helps a lot, I really appreciate your response. I'll look into this Androcrine as well, thanks.
There are a few Androcrine logs you can read along with mine, and from what Im reading, they all seem to be fairly similar, and good. Good luck!