New Training Ideas After Cycle

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Alright guys and gals, I'll be finishing a PH cycle mid-May, and coincidentally it'll be time to switch up my routine as well. Looking for ideas from the esteemed members of this community to choose a program, or rough outline/training philosophy and I'll follow it and even log it. Main goals are size, but I'm not opposed to a more directional approach to strength training. Perfect opportunity for those of you who haven't tried a program yourself yet, but want to see potential results. Keeping a log and posting regular update pictures would also help keep me accountable in the process. Hope to see some good ideas in here!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What have you tried and had the best success with?

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
What have you tried and had the best success with?
In general, standard hypertrophy training, pyramids, etc. I usually use a mix of a bunch of different things, right now I'm focusing on time under tension and slower reps, good progress so far, but like I said I'm open to suggestions.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
If you're making progress, then why switch?
By mid May I would've been on the same program for three months, and it's based off the same stuff I've been using for 4-ish years. Just looking for a change, some fresh ideas. I do understand why you're asking that question though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By mid May I would've been on the same program for three months, and it's based off the same stuff I've been using for 4-ish years. Just looking for a change, some fresh ideas. I do understand why you're asking that question though.
I, like most powerlifters, have been using the same program for years (6 in my case).

I'd recommended squatting and benching twice a week as a start.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're making progress, then why switch?
^^^ this. Especially coming off a cycle. If you stay with it you can better maintain your strentgh and muscle. Changing your stimulus along with your hormones all at once might be a bad idea bro.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Agree with others, if youre making progress dont jeopardise that by changing key variables.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
^^^ this. Especially coming off a cycle. If you stay with it you can better maintain your strentgh and muscle. Changing your stimulus along with your hormones all at once might be a bad idea bro.
Interesting. Didn't think of it that way, I figured a new stimulus would be the way to go. I tend to adapt fairly quickly, but I guess smaller changes over time would be alright. Thanks for the info man.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I, like most powerlifters, have been using the same program for years (6 in my case).

I'd recommended squatting and benching twice a week as a start.
I already squat twice a week, I've done that for a while now. I mainly did that to try and catch my legs up to my upper body. Don't know if I'd incorporate another bench session until I'm comfortable with the proportions of upper/lower body.