Need some help and idea

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
All I have at home is a bench with a squat rack attachment. .. Getting MRI Tuesday for ankle but I want to stay in shape. I am thinking of doing 5x5 but only doing bench. OHP and dumbell rows. All heavy for the time being. I know it's not ideal and when the leg gets better i will get the deads and squat back in rotation

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would go and get the MRI done, get the results, and then take it from there. If you're injured, then yes, do what you can, but watch out for anything with heavy weight when you're standing as well depending on the extent of the ankle injury. It's not worth pushing it and making the issue worse. I hope it's something that heals fast!

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
From the sounds I will have arthroscopic surgery so it will be a upper body routine for 6 weeks. Nothing on my legs.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Figured if I do all three of these 3 times a week I should stay nice up top

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just be sure to know when too much is too much. 5x5 is already a lot of volume, correct? You don't want to double up on the upper body in place of the legs and end up injuring yourself there as well! Injuries are frustrating, but that time will fly by.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Good point. Just don't feel like bench alone will be good enough. I can't dead lift or anything. Maybe just bench and dumbbell row for a couple weeks I guess