Bod Pod Told Me I Was Fat. Confused.

ngen52

Awards
I went to get a bod pod test because I was curious where my body fat percentage was after bulking up the last year. It told me my body fat was 30% and my LBM was around 150 and I weight 220. I'm only 5'9" but my stomach doesn't look visibly fat (doesn't stick out too far), my chest sticks out way farther than my stomach, and I have pecs, not boobs haha. The definition in my back and arms is also quite nice so I'm very confused as to how my BFP is so high.

I haven't gotten fat on accident either, I've been bulking for power and my total is around 6/4/6 but all these online threads are saying my BFG is considered overweight.

Just a note: power lifers like Brandon lily: do you think their BFP is also this high?

Thanks!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We're all considered obese by bod pod and the BMI.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah unless you somehow have a large degree of visceral fat I would say it isn't always accurate. Did you follow all the prep instructions?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to get a bod pod test because I was curious where my body fat percentage was after bulking up the last year. It told me my body fat was 30% and my LBM was around 150 and I weight 220. I'm only 5'9" but my stomach doesn't look visibly fat (doesn't stick out too far), my chest sticks out way farther than my stomach, and I have pecs, not boobs haha. The definition in my back and arms is also quite nice so I'm very confused as to how my BFP is so high.

I haven't gotten fat on accident either, I've been bulking for power and my total is around 6/4/6 but all these online threads are saying my BFG is considered overweight.

Just a note: power lifers like Brandon lily: do you think their BFP is also this high?

Thanks!
I'd bet almost any amount of money that Lilly is close to that in regards to bf%.