Tricep exercises

goodguygreg

Awards
Any good isolation lifts aside from skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bp and overhead extensions?

Mesomorphin

Awards
My favorite isolation exercise for triceps is a lying overhead extension (db or bb). At the starting position, weight should be on or near the floor and upper arms should be in an overhead position parallel to the floor (or as close as shoulder flexibility allows). Keeping the upper arms in tight into your head, raise the weight to a finishing position where arms are straight and parallel to the floor. Hold for a 1 second pause then lower and repeat. For me, these tend to require lighter weight, but when you hit the sweet spot, they really sneak up on you. A nice finisher.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any good isolation lifts aside from skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bp and overhead extensions?
That's about all you need, however I also like Dumb Bell Kick Backs

jake1986

Awards
Some of those machines for extensions are good. We have a hammer strength in my gym.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Dips if done properly can target the triceps pretty efficiently. Tricep push-ups are another one. The ones to create good growth are the ones already posted.

jake1986

Awards
Workout arrangement, Supersets, and sometimes higher rep ranges are what's up when it comes to triceps imo.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so this is kind of weird but yesterday I did sets of weighted dips, then cable pull downs. a little bit later I did 300 double unders (jump rope) for time and about 1/2 way through my triceps cramped up like crazy! just completely rock hard, lol. it was the craziest feeling. did not know they were so engaged during a jump rope.....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so this is kind of weird but yesterday I did sets of weighted dips, then cable pull downs. a little bit later I did 300 double unders (jump rope) for time and about 1/2 way through my triceps cramped up like crazy! just completely rock hard, lol. it was the craziest feeling. did not know they were so engaged during a jump rope.....
I have had that happen...It Hurts !!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what I do as a finisher:

[video=youtube;AVVGnTmsxPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVVGnTmsxPY[/video]

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Reverse grip flat bench press on a Smith machine my favorite tricep exercise

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
honestly dips, dips dips. weighted dips, and ring dips.