Bobo your take on Cardio

Sixpack

Awards
Hey Bobo tried searching for whats your take on cardio as far as on a lean bulk and or a cut. HOw many times per week and what type etc?Would you say there is any difference in doing 5 30min sessions per week or 3 45-50min sessions per week on a lean bulk etc.
Thanks

Swinger

Awards
O/T

Hey Six good to see you over here. I respect your nutritional advice highly.

BTW, you a mod over at massmonsterz now?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personaly don't do it more than 4x/week on a cut and don't do it at all on a bulk. It's different for everyone. I know competitors that do it twice per day 5 times a week pre contest and know others than only need 3x/week. Its always low intensity.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I personaly don't do it more than 4x/week on a cut and don't do it at all on a bulk. It's different for everyone. I know competitors that do it twice per day 5 times a week pre contest and know others than only need 3x/week. Its always low intensity.
Or if you're a freak like Dexter Jackson you don't have to do it at all.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
You do not like to mix it up with HIIT? My best results have always come with long bouts of low intensity mixed with short HIIT sessions....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not at all. HIIT is much more glycogen dependent than low intensity and much easier to overtrain. I never use HIIT. I found it counterproductive to my diet and resistance training.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Not at all. HIIT is much more glycogen dependent than low intensity and much easier to overtrain. I never use HIIT. I found it counterproductive to my diet and resistance training.
Anybody who is interested in this topic, do a search.

Bobo went into this extensively some time ago. In short, if you're wait training, you don't need hit.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
cool, thanks Bobo. How much do we owe you? just kidding! But seriously, thanks for your input. If I can scrounge up some extra $$ this year, you'll get another trainee. As it is right now, the 2 Matt's and Sam get all of my disposable income... :blink:

Sixpack

Awards
Yes I am also on nutraplanet.com. Yes I love the aspect of nutrition . I have my own online buisness etc also. I respect bobo and what he does over here

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Anybody who is interested in this topic, do a search.

Bobo went into this extensively some time ago. In short, if you're wait training, you don't need hit.

I've done some experimenting with HIIT and iron cardio. It works better with endos than it does with ectos (with regards to losing fat and saving muscle). I really pushed the envelope (more to see how much I could take than to lose weight) with circuit training and insane bouts of sprints. Needless to say, I was in extremely good "condition" shape but lost mass like a POW. It took a while to recover the weight loss and strength too (about 4 months) even with insane amounts of eating and napping. I, personally do better with mild cardio especially if I turn it up a notch in the weight room.

One thing that I found interesting was how much abuse you can really take and then recover in seconds cardiovascularly...even at my age. Too bad it goes away so quickly when you stop training like that though....DOH!!