Training old school?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So have been talking to some old bodybuilders and to my superise alot them were using very similar workouts. One of them actually wrote up his workout for me which was
Everyday twice a day any varation of
50 push ups
75 sit ups
30 lunges each leg
25 pulls ups

Monday
5x5 deadlift
5x5 squat
5x5 push press
3x10 reverse flys

Wednesday
5x5 bench (any varation)
5x5 shrugs
5x5 rows(any varation)
3x10 super set with any bicep exercise and tricep exercise

Friday
Same as monday

Light cardio as he saw fit

These guys all used something pretty similar to this. They said it was about adding tons of volume to the muscles and making them constantly be worked yet still lifting very heavy on main type lifts to add pressure on the body forcing to have to adapt. It all seemed to work for them as they were all massive. I was considereding doing this what do you guys think?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about using normal workouts and adding push ups and pulls ups everyday?

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
How about using normal workouts and adding push ups and pulls ups everyday?
The best thing to do is to try it and go for it. If you think it sounds awesome and are driven to do it you'll enjoy it. Just track your main heavy lifts and make sure to progress them as often as you can.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm a fan of pushups and pullups, depending on my target muscles for the day I may even superset them in.

Or I will do HIIT in the morning and do one of those between the "sprint" interval. (Max effort)

As for that program, sure you can try it. I imagine you will want to modify it as you plateau, though.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I am and will always be a proponent of calisthenics and suggest adding them in whenever you can.

I would skip sit-ups and do bicycles if you really want to work abs though, but with proper form on push-ups and pull-ups you won't need ab work.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok thanks guys. I think ill give this a try but ill modify it a little