Needing some advanced training advice.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been stuck at the same weight for the last 2 years and for the most part my strength has stayed the same. I think my diet is great, so I know the training must be the problem. Does anyone know of any good body-building training books, there are so many that I dont know what to choose. Also I don't use AS, but there has to be a secret to getting some of these builds that even the natural body builders have.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
i bet you're not eating enough.

An really good nutrition book i liked was Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's an ebook and available all over the net. It's very basic and simple.

U should post some more details.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Beyond Brawn, great book about working out. Written by a guy who competed naturally and if you do some searching around this site you can see how people have enjoyed his routines and how good of results they have gotten from it. I haven't finished the book yet, so I havent tried a workout from it. Still a great read though, I read it at least 6-7 times a day, its my toilet book :)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Beyond Brawn, great book about working out. Written by a guy who competed naturally and if you do some searching around this site you can see how people have enjoyed his routines and how good of results they have gotten from it. I haven't finished the book yet, so I havent tried a workout from it. Still a great read though, I read it at least 6-7 times a day, its my toilet book :)
:thumbsup:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the brawn books. I'm betting your problem is nutrition though.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
You would responce to some kind of resistance training, unless you are extremely overtrained, so if you don't gain weight you don't eat enough, if you say you eat enough and your routine isn't right you would still gain something (fat, water, little muscle maybe), but still you would be gaining. Up you calories and see what happens.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why don't you post your current routine and diet?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I train 5 days a week. MONDAY- BACK and HAMSTRINGS TUES- SHOULDERS WED-OFF THURS- BI'S and TRI'S FRI- CHEST SAT- LEGS.

I do 3-4 Exercise per body part 3-4 sets per exercise and my reps are usually 10, 8, 6

I eat 6 times a day 2-3 hours apart. Inbetween meals I eat almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and a little protein powder just to avoid the too much meat. My meals are a 4oz. peice of beef or chicken and a big portion of potatoes of brown rice, for my vegtables I use a juicer and I make about 16oz. of juice for each meal. I put tons of veggies in my juice 16 to be exact. Also I have a protein shake before bed.

I am a naturally skinny guy with muscle or an ectomorph. I'm 6'3" and stay around 215-220 and 8%BF the highest I have been was 230 2 years ago, then I got married and it went away.

Just thought I would give the stats to see if anyone relates to me and to show where I'm coming from

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you are on the right track, but 4oz of meat only gives you around 30grams of protein more or less. I would up that to begin with.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just figured with the starch I will be getting almost around 10g of protein and then added protein from the veggies would give around 40. I always figured 40g of protein per serving is enough.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
at your weight i would be eating upwards of 325-350g of protein. also switch your macros around so that you are eating more carbs, say 35/45/20, since you want to gain.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
lets say you weigh 220. 220 @ 10% bf = 198lb of LBM. You want approx. 1.5-1.7 grams of pro per pound of LBM go gain weight. Therefore 300-350 grams of protein a day to keep making muscle gains. Also every 5 pounds or so you want to keep re-evaluating your diet and adding that new weight in and increasing the protein.