IRserge's Contest prep

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. lol, I guess thats one way of looking at it.

2. 5 Weeks out

Just a hair over 176 this morning, I couldn't believe it, I weigh the same as I did at my show last year but I look a hell of a lot better. I lost 4lbs since last week. Is could be do to a few things, I dropped the creatine and Sesathin in the middle of the week, and I switched from bagels to oatmeal and cottage cheese to fish fillets. I do look better though. My energy sucks and I added in Yohimbe to my EC stack to help with my love handles. I'm getting striations in my lower back which is cool. Training is going great and I officially hate cardio, I just keep reminding myself I ONLY have 5 weeks to go. I'm also not too sure about doing the Eastern USA the week after, I'll do it if I'm happy with my conditioning but I wouldn't want to go onto a stage and venue like that out of shape. Especially going against teens like Adam Reich who placed 3rd in the middle weight class at the teen nationals in July. Check him out www.adamreich.com
    •   

3. 4 weeks out

173.75, Down 2.25lbs from last week. I don't think I've weighed this much since 5th grade lol. Bobo allowed me a real cheat meal last Sunday which I took full advantage of. It took me an hour to eat and I was so full afterward I was having a hard time breathing for a few hours but I looked awsome(except for the bloted belly), I had veins comming out all over my arms and some in my chest shoulders and legs. That cheat filled me out nicely and I even woke up full the next morning but was startving once again by the afternoon. My strength is staying consistent but I'm not REALLY pushing it on some exersizes now for fear of injury, Or ill use preventative measures (Belt, knee wraps). I've also been noticing I look the best on Monday night while training chest.

4. I just bought some calipers today and tested them out. According to them im around 6.2% which confused me. I tryed it out at least 15 times and kept getting the same results. So I'll just give myself the range of 6.2-8.5%.

5. holy crap...u started mid 20% bf and now 6-8%

DAMN! u have to post some pics...
    •   

6. I'll post pics from the show as posting pics early just makes me nervous because I analize them too much.

7. Good call, take a lot of candids too, I don't like "show" piks, but backstage piks are awesome.

8. BTW how tall are you?

9. just under 5'8''

10. did you change your supplemnt stack during this period?!

11. 3 weeks out

178!?!? This is definatley wrong. I signed up to a new gym this week and granted I weighed myself w/clothes this morning (the scale is on the gym floor), there is now way I weigh this much, I think the scale is busted. I didn't have any fish left last night so I had the cottage cheese instead and I woke up feeling bloated. I will definatley be sticking to the fish for the remainder of the diet. I think I look better than last week and after we kick out the water in the last week I should, God willing, look pretty solid. And Bobo, if you read this can you please PM me any diet changes that will happen in the comming weeks that you were talking about on the phone a few days ago. Thanks

12. I dunno what a PSMF is, where did you see that?

13. Quote Originally Posted by IRserge
    I dunno what a PSMF is, where did you see that?
    Post #69 (meathead's post)

PSMF = Protein Sparing Modified Fast

An extremely low carb, low fat, low calories diet. You take enough protein in retain muscle mass and keep carbs and fat as low as humanly possible

14. irserge, i see that ur only 19 and that means ur probably still in school and probably have a job ect.....let me ask u....how do u keep up with the diet and routine....that is the ONLY thing holding me back right now from signing up, unless the meals are very quick and portable its not possible for me to eat every 2-4 hours. and if u have a job where do u squeez gym time into there?

thanks in advance

15. Quote Originally Posted by HobbesAB
    Post #69 (meathead's post)

PSMF = Protein Sparing Modified Fast

An extremely low carb, low fat, low calories diet. You take enough protein in retain muscle mass and keep carbs and fat as low as humanly possible

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

16. Dan, you are right that I do have a job and I also go to school commuting 2 hours to NYC and back everyday. I work as a food runner in a restaurant so I'm bringing dinner out to families all night, I only work on weekends. Honestly, it isn't that I fit bodybuilding into my life but I make it my priority. The meals are fairly small, especially when you are eating the amount of calories I am so it's easy to carry around and wolf it down real quick. Dont be discouraged to sign up with Bobo, I guarantee you will be happy with the results no matter what program you choose.

17. ^thanks man

i am on the verge of doing it but i just wouldnt want to sign up and not be able to keep up with meals, and ruin the program.....that wouldnt be fair to bobo.

if the meals are relativley small i might be able to work with eating them between classes and whatnot, but if its alot of food theres really no way.

im not as much discouraged to sign up, its just i want to get all my sh*t together before i end up wasting his time.

thanks again for the reply.

18. Well if you have any questions or doubts you can always e-mail him to be positive you can do it before you sign up.

19. have u gained any mass on this programme, or have gotten any noticable strength gains?

i havent lifted in about 4-5 weeks and i feel a bit smaller, and was wondering if i should 'bulk' for 2 weeks or just go head and sign up and cut.

scince i am young, and up in the 20% bf range, i should put on a lb or two of lean mass right?

20. Since I'm dieting for a bodybuilding competition no, I haven't gained much muscle on this program. I might have in the early stages of the diet and training but my main focus right now is to hold on to the muscle I have put on in the offseason. If you are in the 20%bf range I would seriously consider leaning out to at least 12% before trying to gain lean mass and try to stay as lean as possible while putting on muscle. As soon as you start noticing fat gain, make some dietary or cardio adjustments to bring yourself back down, Bobo will do this all for you as you report your progress to him week by week.

21. 2 weeks out

168.5 @ aproximatley 6.6%bf this morning. I woke up very tired and to muster up all the motivation I had to get dressed and do my hour of cardio at the gym. I've been feeling very tired for the past week or 2 and I baked a bunch of cake and cupcakes last night to alleviate some cravings. Yes, I bake when I'm bored or have cravings.

22. and you aren't going crazy to eat them... or taste the batter?

23. update?? It's coming down to it soon right?

24. damn! I just went to order and it says that it cannot find the page. I hope that hes still accepting clients......god i hope.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest Prep begins!!!
    By Nullifidian in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 392
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:26 PM
  2. Contest prep people in NJ or NY?
    By Atlas in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 05:25 PM
  3. g/f contest prep
    By conan43 in forum Pics