IRserge's Contest prep

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

At the end of the 8th week and I'm at 201.75, another 1.25lbs lost this week. This diet is great I've been in it for 8 weeks and it doesnt even feel like im dieting, this far into my contest diet last year I was like a walking zombie, I like Bobo's approach much better. Training and diet has been . Oh and i can see my top 4 abs starting to take shape when I flex really hard.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

No weight change this week. After sticking with the same diet for 9 weeks i was actually really impressed that i was consistently dropping weight. But now it's finally time for my first tweak. Weights are still climbing in some exersizes, nothing else too significant to report, everything has just been going really well. One odd thing i noticed though is that its easier for me to wake up for morning cardio than it is to wake up for breakfast, and i wake up an hour earlier for cardio.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 10 (22 weeks out)

199.25 this morning, 2.5lbs down. Ever since Bobo cut my calories my strength is on the climb again, go figure. Training this week started out rough with chest and back but tri's, legs, bi's, delts and calves were great. I couldn't have been happier with the effort i put fourth. I have to stop constantly checkin my condition in the mirror, it's driving me ****ing nuts.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

No pics?
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Ill try to get some pics up soon, I've just been real busy lately.
  6. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%

You are doing very well. I'm certain that Bobo appreciates the fact that you stick to the plan. It is extremely hard (if not impossible) to guide someone who doesn't stick to the plan. good job
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Thanks man, I've been busting ass with the plan, the way I look at it is why would I hire someone to help if I wasn't going to take their advice? Especially since I wanna win those 2 shows so bad and hopefully be able to get a sponser out of it.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 11 (21 weeks out)

WHAT A WEEK! I think this might have been the slowest week ever, training was strong and diet was solid, I forgot to weigh myself before cardio on Sunday but got my bodyfat measured on Saturday morning at 15.4% (4 point caliper test). With 21 weeks to go thats not too shabby. Like i said I forgot to weight myself and i dont want to assume anything but with the pattern of weightloss my body has been displaying I would guess im down to 196.5lbs.

Hey Bobo, am I right on track?
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 12 (20 weeks out)

Sunday morning weigh in. 195.75. I've lost 3.5 lbs in the past to weeks and it shows. I just got a new job after getting fired for no apparent reason from my other one. I am now a food runner at a Charlie Brown's restaurant. It's a damn physical job too where we have to be moving fast as hell for many hours a day with people's dinner stacked on our arms. Other than that no new news. I'll be back next week to tell you guys whats up.
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 13 (19 weeks out)

193.75 on Sunday morning. This weeks was good overall, strength has either stayed the same or is even dropping in some exercizes. It's hard to tell since my strength is fructuation from week to week. I'm also starting to get tired, my energy in the gym is really good but i just feel tired when I'm around the house or at work or running errands and whatnot. Well see what this week brings.
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 14 (18 weeks out)

No weight change to report. Although I'm looking a bit better, I'm still holding a good amount of fat in my love handle/ lower back area but I guess that'll start melting off in the last few weeks. I'm starting to get weaker also, I'll get my bf tested next Saturday morning to see where its at. Just 17 weeks to go, just bang'em out.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 15 (17 weeks out)

192.5. I was amazed this morning when i stepped on the scale. I took this week off from the gym completly and bumped up my total daily cals by 500 and BAM! 1.25 lbs fall off. I was shocked that no exersize and extra cals would result in weight loss, needless to say i was really happy. I have off from the gym all next week too with another 500 cals added daily so we'll see what happenes then. I'm fiending to get back into the gym and I can't wait to start training again to bang out the last 15 weeks. If anyone reading this is on the fence about signing up with Bobo DO IT!!!! this week just solidified my already knowing that Bobo is legit.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 18 (13 weeks out)

I finally get to update you guys, I haven't been able to get online for a while. I weighed in at 193 on Sunday which is 2 pounds down from the 195 I weighed in at the week before. The training has been going weel and the diet is even better. I'm 12 and 13 weeks out from my shows as I type this right now. I just started taking Sesathin this week and will start taking Ephedrine next after my body gets used to the added cardio. I can already see the Sesathin's results and I can tell it's also flattening me out a bit. I'll stop using that 3-4 weeks out from the show so I don't come in flat. Well I dunno what else to say, I'll try to be more consistent with the posts.
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Week 19 (12 weeks out)

This was a good week, weight was 189.75. So 3.25lbs lost. Training and diet are right on as they have been from the start. The Sesathin is really flattening me out and it;s really obvious first thing in the mornining. I had hurt my knees 2 weeks ago while doing legs and was afraid I wouldn't be able to train them for a few weeks but after 4-5 days of icing them 2ce a day the pain was pretty much gone and I went ahead to do legs the following week only with much lighter weights as not to aggrivate the injury. This past week I did up the weights a little because I was feeling more confident with my knees. My strength on all exercises are still no where were they used to be but that is expected. Took my first dose of Ephedra and caffeine this morning and felt like I was on crack but was back to normal about 5 hours later. It was cool. Starting out with just 25mg Ephedrine and 200mg caffeine a day unless Bobo tells me otherwise
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.92%

Bump. Been following ya man, also any piks yet?
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Thanks bro, no pics yet, honestly I've just been too lazy to put up pics, plus I'm white as a ghost so any detail would be hard to see. I'll try to get some up though.
  18. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

10 weeks out

weight was 184.5 this week down from 187.25 last week. Strength is starting to decrease just a little but nothing too huge. I have to be some color on my pale body so I can stop mind F'ing myself and see some of the cuts that are comming in. I'm going to try and get some pics taken on monday to post up.
  19. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

It's MON. and we're tired of waiting bro! Your progress as far as numbers goes is amazing, but come on man, put some PRO Tan or Dream Tan on or go tanning and reveal what's up! Even better post a pick from when you started! I'll try to go to the shows so come on man, do it for another Jersey guy that wants to compete!
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

I'll definatley do it tomorrow, no one was home today to take so pics of me but I get home from classes early tomorrow and will do it for sure, I dont have pics from the start but do have pics from around 20 or 21 weeks out.
  21. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

Quote Originally Posted by IRserge
    No weight change this week. After sticking with the same diet for 9 weeks i was actually really impressed that i was consistently dropping weight. But now it's finally time for my first tweak. Weights are still climbing in some exersizes, nothing else too significant to report, everything has just been going really well. One odd thing i noticed though is that its easier for me to wake up for morning cardio than it is to wake up for breakfast, and i wake up an hour earlier for cardio.
    I know this was ages ago, but I think I can offer an explanation.

You sleep in cycles of ~90minutes each, if you wake up in the middle of a cycle it is effectively "wasted". Now then, say you go to bed at 11PM and would normally wake at 7.30AM. This would be 8.5hrs which is 5 full cycles(7.5hrs) + a "wasted" hour. Nw then, if you wake up when you are in a deep sleep you will wake up feeling very groggy for an hr or so, if you wake in accordence to your sleep cycles(ie have 7.5 or 9hrs of sleep) then you will feel les groggy(I actually feel very energetic). If then you woke up @ 6.30 to do the cardio it could explain it, as that would be 7.5hrs of sleep.

Did that all make sense?
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%

Good progress man.. I am really wanting to see pics I am trying to set a goal for myself.. Right now about 205 13-14%, i am thinking bulk to 230, try to stay 16% at most, then cut to 200ish and 10%..
  23. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.31%

Really interested in seeing your progress man. Where da pix?
  24. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

8 Weeks out

183.75 this morning, only half a pond from last week. Bobo cut my calories a little bit last week and I'm adding in 2 sessions of morning cardio starting tomorrow. I really hope that does the trick to get rid of the rest of the fat thats on me. I'm really really flat right now and the calorie cut is making me lethargic especially in the gym, this is where all the mental intensity and energy come in. My strength is holding up pretty well except for my back which is starting to get weaker.
  25. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

New diet sent. Now it starts to REALLY suck.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  26. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

haha FINALLY! thats what I wanna hear. THANK YOU!!!
  27. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

Quote Originally Posted by IRserge
    haha FINALLY! thats what I wanna hear. THANK YOU!!!
  28. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Serge is a masochist. He's not happy unless I tell him to do cardio for 3 hours. (and I"m kidding)
  29. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

I'd put him on a PSMF, see how he likes that
  30. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

7 weeks out (East Coast Bodybuilding)
    8 weeks out (Eastern USA)

181.25 this morning so 2.5lbs down from last week. I'm actually feeling pretty good at times and not too tired, my flat DB press actually went up 5 ponuds. Uhh, nothing really too much to say, I'm still flat as hell and people have been telling me how much better I look in the gym. I'll probably look a lot leaner once I start tanning. We'll see what next week brings.
  31. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

6 weeks out

180 this morning down 1.25 pounds from last week. My legs, glutes, and midsection are still pretty soft, and I have no good muscle separation. I start tanning tommorrow and I'm praying that a tan will bring out some of the things I'm not seeing. And hopefully the double cardio sessions on Monday and tuesday will do the trick.
  32. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

I take the muscle separation thing back, I just came back from chest training and holding down onto heavy dumbells brought out the separation in my shoulders, traps, and arms really well.
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I see that pre contest dieting has made you a mental patient again.

You've lost almost 40lbs. I would hope you see something...

34. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

Smile

I've lost 44 pounds, lol and yeah I am getting kinda delutional. I actually thought I was smelling something baking in my kitchen this morning.
    Last edited by IRserge; 09-27-2005 at 06:43 PM.
  35. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

You've lost a small child.
  36. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

lol, I guess thats one way of looking at it.
  37. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

5 Weeks out

Just a hair over 176 this morning, I couldn't believe it, I weigh the same as I did at my show last year but I look a hell of a lot better. I lost 4lbs since last week. Is could be do to a few things, I dropped the creatine and Sesathin in the middle of the week, and I switched from bagels to oatmeal and cottage cheese to fish fillets. I do look better though. My energy sucks and I added in Yohimbe to my EC stack to help with my love handles. I'm getting striations in my lower back which is cool. Training is going great and I officially hate cardio, I just keep reminding myself I ONLY have 5 weeks to go. I'm also not too sure about doing the Eastern USA the week after, I'll do it if I'm happy with my conditioning but I wouldn't want to go onto a stage and venue like that out of shape. Especially going against teens like Adam Reich who placed 3rd in the middle weight class at the teen nationals in July. Check him out www.adamreich.com
  38. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

4 weeks out

173.75, Down 2.25lbs from last week. I don't think I've weighed this much since 5th grade lol. Bobo allowed me a real cheat meal last Sunday which I took full advantage of. It took me an hour to eat and I was so full afterward I was having a hard time breathing for a few hours but I looked awsome(except for the bloted belly), I had veins comming out all over my arms and some in my chest shoulders and legs. That cheat filled me out nicely and I even woke up full the next morning but was startving once again by the afternoon. My strength is staying consistent but I'm not REALLY pushing it on some exersizes now for fear of injury, Or ill use preventative measures (Belt, knee wraps). I've also been noticing I look the best on Monday night while training chest.
  39. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

I just bought some calipers today and tested them out. According to them im around 6.2% which confused me. I tryed it out at least 15 times and kept getting the same results. So I'll just give myself the range of 6.2-8.5%.
  40. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.73%

holy crap...u started mid 20% bf and now 6-8%

DAMN! u have to post some pics...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest Prep begins!!!
    By Nullifidian in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 392
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
  2. Contest prep people in NJ or NY?