confused about training and doms

needr6

Awards
i read about mixed reviews about training with doms and some say man up and some say rest. can someone clear this up for me? which 1 is it so that u dont end up screwing urself or ur results over? thanx in advance ?

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
I think that's something that you're going to have to find out for yourself. Everyone is different and has a different period of supercompensation, different lengths of DOMS and different pain tolerances (mostly from DOMS). I mean, if you literally can't walk from your last leg day, I personally wouldn't do legs again that day, but some people may tell me I'm wrong on that.

Overall, you are going to have to try training sore as **** and assess your results, try training after a long rest with minimal DOMS, try training while still being a little sore, and really anything else you can think of and find what gives you the best results.

If your muscle soreness is that bad on your next training day for that body part, try switching up your routine by maybe doing a different body part split (if you're following a program, stick with that program, as it probably wants you to feel the way you do), or you could try some creatine, as that is supposed to help with recovery, or switch up your diet, which may or may not help with recovery and DOMS (just spitballin here).

Personally, I train on how I feel. If my CNS is lacking or my shoulders are hurting or are sore, I'll take that day off and kill em the next day!

Maybe someone else can give you a more, "to-the-point" answer, but that is my two cents. Hope I could help!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
depends. are you following a low volume per day, high frequency plan? then ya, you will be working out while sore for the first few weeks. you will also bounce up and down on good and bad days. after that break in period you will be seeing gains.

if you are following the modern american ideal of destroying your body part so it needs a week to recover then at most a recovery workout is what you need.

the body is an amazing thing that can adapt and overcome to quite a bit more than what we give it credit for. unless the soreness is crippling, including but not limited to limited ROM and swelled joints, i would not be concerned at all.

JSNeves

JSNeves

Awards
Generally if your asking this question you do not have much training experiance, and if thats the case you should be following a training program that has a good track record. Combine that with a good diet and you will be fine following the prescribed training training freaquency

needr6

Awards
thanx evryone for the responses it really helped. ya ive been experimenting and trynna figure out my own body and the reason i asked is cuz i am lifting 2 build muscle size butt at the same time i am still doing my mma/muay thai/boxing training and the doms was actually from mma haha �� it was pretty crippling �� so i ended up having to take 2 rest days after before i could go back gym ��