What is wrong with me?

TGx

Awards
I understand that I am not posting details. I can post any details you guys need. But I am wondering if this is just a genetic thing or something.

Right now, performance wise I am probably in the best shape I have been in in a long time.

I am 19, I weight 175, I eat as healthy as I can for my schedule. (I am in college so having smaller meals through the day is not realistic).

I am extremely active. I do kickboxing twice a week, lift 2 or 3 times a week hard, and play intermurals.

I am stronger and faster then most people even close to my size and I have some mass, but I still have a significant amount of fat on my body in most places.

I don't know what to do.

I realize this is complex question, so please request any info you need.

Thanks in advance,
TGx

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Throw up your diet and training....can't tell you much without it! A lot of guys train hard and eat pretty good....

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you CAN eat throughout the day in college .. i did it in college and i do it now in law school (if you think its annoying in college, try doing it in law school!) .. you just need dedication and commitment .. and be willing to answer people when they ask why you always carry a mini-cooler filled with food with you

TGx

Awards
Throw up your diet and training....can't tell you much without it! A lot of guys train hard and eat pretty good....
Alright,
Mondays:
Chest and Tris:
3x8 Dumbell Benchpress
3x8 Skullcrushers
3x8 Tricep Extensions w/ Rope
3x8 Dumbell Flys
3x8 Shoulder Shurgs
Mix up of some other stuff finish with abs

Tuesdays:
1:30 of Kickboxing

Wednesdays:
Back and Biceps:
3x8 Low Row
3x8 Incline High Row
3x Pullups to Failure
3x8 Dumbell Curls
We switch our back and biceps excercises a lot but we always do these

Thursdays:
1:30 of kickboxing
Intermural Soccer

Friday:
Legs:
3x8 Squats
3x24 Lunges
3x8 Leg Extensions
3x8 Leg Curls
Various machines we mix it up

Saturday:
Intermural co-rec soccer

Sunday:
Day off or run

Diet:
Breakfast:
Empower Organic Cereal
Milk
Banana
Multivitamin

Lunch:
Tritip wrap
Usually some kind of wrap

Snack:
Miscellan Bioactive MRP

Dinner:
Steamed vegetables w/ cheese
Chicken breast w/ salsa

My diet is pretty consisten with that

As far as supplements, I only am taking protien, ON 100% Natural Whey, and I take that after I lift and before kickboxing w/ Milk.

Is this copmlete enough?

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yea dude u can definitely do it in college, a lot of the guys on this site are older and in college and im in college too.
I carry around food, protein powder, water bottles, anything u can imagine.
chicken breast is the easiest thing to take anywhere--it's small and not greasy.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
`Im thinking it might all be in your head, you may not be as bad off as you think, perhaps its the consequence of a negative self image you created to motivate your self, a sort of "conditioned response" just my thoughts.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
there is something called the Adonis complex, where no matter how big you get you still think u look small.
It's nuts, cuz i felt like that today, meanwhile i'm bigger than most of the kids that work out in my school gym.

TGx

Awards
there is something called the Adonis complex, where no matter how big you get you still think u look small.
It's nuts, cuz i felt like that today, meanwhile i'm bigger than most of the kids that work out in my school gym.
Thanks for the replies, I just don't know why I am leaner, I am nowhere near a sixpack.... I guess I'll try your suggestions.

I defintely have a good attitude when I'm working out and I see results performance wise, but not physical results.

I'll see what I can do about bringing food around with me. I just didn't think it was as easy to do as you guys made it sound. Maybe I am just a little lazy.

Thanks again,
TGx

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i can tell you right now you aren't getting anywhere NEAR enough food .. not enough protein nor enough carbs

what are you doing for pre and post workout nutrition?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I eat as healthy as I can for my schedule. (I am in college so having smaller meals through the day is not realistic)
I hate to break it to you bro, but it will never be as easy to eat on a bber schedule as it is right now. It is probably easier in college than it was in high school (I don't know, didn't do it in h.s.). You should get it down now so that when you get out and find out what busy really is you will already know what you're doing--efficiently. I teach and am finishing a master's degree and I have about 1/10 the time to dedicate to dieting that I would have had if I had been a bber in college. Good thing I figured it out before I became so busy.

Good Luck

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I hate to break it to you bro, but it will never be as easy to eat on a bber schedule as it is right now. It is probably easier in college than it was in high school (I don't know, didn't do it in h.s.). You should get it down now so that when you get out and find out what busy really is you will already know what you're doing--efficiently. I teach and am finishing a master's degree and I have about 1/10 the time to dedicate to dieting that I would have had if I had been a bber in college. Good thing I figured it out before I became so busy.

Good Luck
I agree with Beowulf. But I work at night and go to grad school during the day. So it does not get any easier.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i can tell you right now you aren't getting anywhere NEAR enough food .. not enough protein nor enough carbs

what are you doing for pre and post workout nutrition?
:goodpost: To lose fat you need to get your metabolism up and running, and your starving it!

You can use shakes around your workout but the rest of the time go for real food.

Looks like there is very little fat in your diet also, get some healthy fats in, fish oil, flax etc.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
What Glenihan said. You should be eating more calories. At least 6 meals per day. Pre and post are very important. I would start at 2600-3000 calories with a 40/40/20 breakdown (% of protein/carbs/fats) and keep it clean.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
What Glenihan said. You should be eating more calories. At least 6 meals per day. Pre and post are very important. I would start at 2600-3000 calories with a 40/40/20 breakdown (% of protein/carbs/fats) and keep it clean.
just to expand upon this slightly since i'm in a good mood (i haven't been up that and haven't a change to get REALLY hungry yet:)) .. when figuring out the 40/40/20 split remember that each gram of protein is 4 cals, each gram of carbs is 4 cals, and each gram of fat is 9 cals ... you want your percentage of cals from protein to 40% and so on

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you CAN eat throughout the day in college .. i did it in college and i do it now in law school (if you think its annoying in college, try doing it in law school!) .. you just need dedication and commitment .. and be willing to answer people when they ask why you always carry a mini-cooler filled with food with you
Ditto this.

I used a cooler way back when too (going on 9 years now). I got questions left, right and centre as well. Because I played ball, most knew what I was doing and why I was doing it but I still got the questions.

Profs were cool too. I just spoke with them before starting their class. Indicated what I was doing and why I was doing it and asked fi they minded that I brought food into class with me. when I approached them in that manner... they had no probs as long as it was quiet and didn't stink. Helped, I suspect, that I played ball too ;)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
it is way easier in college. I have to disagree here somewhat with the guys. i dont think your diet is that bad. You dont need that much more food. Try adding one more meal with a good 50g of protein, 40g of carbs and some good fats. Here is one...

2cans of tun with olive oil
1 1/2 cups of oatmeal

that should roughly give you a 50/40/20. Have this meal like 2 hours after dinner. Throw in 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese before bed and your diet is relatively good imo.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
take "dinner," drop the cheese, and repeat 5 times a day ;)

Try counting your calories one day and see where you stand. Eating less will not always make you lose weight, as your body realizes you are starving and will hold on to that fat. You will simply naturally lose fat eating a balanced, healthy diet (in my experience).

Next time you're at the grocery store pick up lots of tuna/fish, canned veggies, oats, brown rice, nuts or peanut butter, red meat, chicken, and skim milk. These are the staples of a good general diet.

Diet can be very complex. Familiarize yourself with this site and don't be afraid to ask questions!

edit: I forgot to add, your workout actually looks pretty good :)

Brian

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
it is way easier in college. I have to disagree here somewhat with the guys. i dont think your diet is that bad. You dont need that much more food. Try adding one more meal with a good 50g of protein, 40g of carbs and some good fats. Here is one...

2cans of tun with olive oil
1 1/2 cups of oatmeal

that should roughly give you a 50/40/20. Have this meal like 2 hours after dinner. Throw in 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese before bed and your diet is relatively good imo.

I think I just figured out why I am so small. I didn't know you could have 110% when figuring out your calories :trout:

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established

Good Luck
:goodpost:

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Try to eat at least 6 times a day, not necessarily large meals, but preferably at least 40g of protein per meal. Eating more frequently will keep your metabolism going and speed it up, making it easier to burn off the fat. That is one of the main problems I see, let alone not near enough food in your diet. As hypo said, when you are eating only 3 times a day with long breaks between your meals, your body thinks it needs to store the energy as fat since it doesnt know when it is going to get its next meal. Eating every ~3 hours keeps your metabolism revved up, dropping the fat, and constantly keeping your muscles fed with nutrients.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

good old ...Big-Orexia as they call it

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
okay I figured it out!
Stand a little further away from the mirror so ur head doesn't look so big. At least that's what was wrong with me!
Or if worse comes to worse just stand next to ur skinniest friend...:trout: