Distended guts

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
Does anyone else feel like their stomachs in rest position have gotten bigger after years of training? (Naturally)

I've always had a little pot belly but as I've grown in size so has the distention of my stomach even when leaning out for summer ?

Went from 150 back in high school to 210 (now 200) in about 3.5 years

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1439009988.784019.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1439010002.576341.jpg

(First pic was a 1 year transformation way back and second one was pics of beginning of summer, abs are visible but still distended out past chest)

Just curious if anyone else has this problem

Connordcruz

Connordcruz

Awards
Theirs fat on top of ur abs? Maybe diet harder and cardio more

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
I know this but the gut is still almost pregnant like

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude, I have the same problem. I'm lean enough to have a little vascularity on my abs and my gut is still pretty distended when relaxed. I don't know what exactly it's from, but I have a pretty strong core so maybe it's from heavy squatting and deadlifting without a belt?

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
That's what I'm thinking as well. I notice a few other guys have big guts with little fat. They're usually on steroids though

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm thinking as well. I notice a few other guys have big guts with little fat. They're usually on steroids though
I don't think AAS has much of a factor in distended guts, honestly. I think most guys who use and have distended guts have them because they're hella strong.

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
Yeah I know usually the really bad distended guts are from insulin/igf1/growth. Need to figure out a way to get rid of this thing lol

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know usually the really bad distended guts are from insulin/igf1/growth. Need to figure out a way to get rid of this thing lol
Nah man, be proud of it. I learned to live with it hahaha just call it your power belly

jaces

jaces

Awards
I don't think AAS has much of a factor in distended guts, honestly. I think most guys who use and have distended guts have them because they're hella strong.
a distended gut is not a result of steroid use but rather the result of over use of GH,Insulin and food

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try eating (force feeding) 6000-7000+ calories of mainly healthy food everyday and see how flat your stomach is after a few months.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Anterior pelvic tilt, maybe. Fix your posture. And yeah, you still have a little fat to lose (if you want).

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone else feel like their stomachs in rest position have gotten bigger after years of training? (Naturally)

I've always had a little pot belly but as I've grown in size so has the distention of my stomach even when leaning out for summer ?

Went from 150 back in high school to 210 (now 200) in about 3.5 years

View attachment 122486View attachment 122487

(First pic was a 1 year transformation way back and second one was pics of beginning of summer, abs are visible but still distended out past chest)

Just curious if anyone else has this problem
Where are you from?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spent months of tracking my waist size and researching about my perceived distended gut. Here are the factors to consider:

1) Artificial sweeteners: try cutting them out of your diet.
2) Gluten Intolerance
3) Dairy Intolerance
4) Carbohydrate Intolerance: this was primarily my issue. If I go over 200 g per day I look like I'm pregnant the next day!
5) add probiotics (Now Foods makes a good one) to your daily supplements list.

Exercises/Stretches
1) add ab vacuums daily
2) research pelvic tilt stretches

For me personally I limited carbs to 200 g or under (making up calories by protein and healthy fats) and avoid sugar like it's poison. This took my waist from 38 to 34 in a year.

sanguine

Awards
Well dude you went from 150 to 210. There is gonna be some fat gain, that is normal and not concerning.

Also, your pics (post weight-gain) look fine, ie not tubby.

You say your gut seems distended when completely relaxed; that is gonna be the case for just about most all humans that are well fed I imagine. Maintaining a mild amount of tone in the abdominal region is a part of normal good posture, no need to be walking around with it all just hanging out. Also, like others have said, pelvic tilt plays a role. Try contracting your glutes and bringing down your sternum and see what effect that has.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I have the same thing despite being lean and never having used GH etc.

A few things to try:

1. Vacuums as mentioned. They do work but take time and patience. Don't expect any major differences for 2-3 months of doing them constantly.

2. Try out some fat burners that focus on visceral fat

3. Supps to increase insulin sensitivity

4. Limit carbs to an extent, especially fast carbs

5. Posture techniques

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I have the same thing despite being lean and never having used GH etc.

A few things to try:

1. Vacuums as mentioned. They do work but take time and patience. Don't expect any major differences for 2-3 months of doing them constantly.

2. Try out some fat burners that focus on visceral fat

3. Supps to increase insulin sensitivity

4. Limit carbs to an extent, especially fast carbs

5. Posture techniques
This is all good advice. Vacuums worked really well for me, and you can do them anytime/anywhere!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 1
sparks2012 Training Forum 15
ArnoldIsMyIdol Anabolics 28
Anabolics 15
General Chat 4