What are the best support wraps for your wrist?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Ive tried about 10 different kinds. I also want something that looks cool, but havent seem anything I really like. I used to have tendonitis from doing dips. I dont have it anymore but I will never forget that pain, so I wear them all day anyway. I have a puppy and she bites my wrists, so those help with that too. I cant remember some wrist wraps I heard were the best, but they were so expensive, Maybe they called apt or something like that. I I didnt want to waste the money. Pretty much all the wraps ive bought, bothered me in some way. The velco always came undone or became loose, etc. Also what kind of other support do you recommend for the knees and other areas that hurt from training? I want good support for my wrists, that I dont have to make tighter every 10 minutes. I hate that.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
I think my fav are the schiek and multipurpose slingshot wraps. Schiek makes some incredible belts as well. And the slingshot line is pretty pricey but if you can find the multipurpose wraps those are really nice.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
you can look at a bunch of them at rogue's website, but you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
oh and another note, I prefer the wrist wraps with the thumb loop, just something to keep in mind.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
when in doubt keep it....
Gnag_2_large.jpg

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I don't like the thump loop for some reason. I wonder if I tried those sheik ones. I want something not just when I'm at the gym. I don't lift anywhere near as heavy as you guys. I do need them for dips though. I'll check it out. Not really liking sports authority's wrist stuff. I kinda wish I could find a splint thing in just a wrist wrap.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lifting Large their house brand is parallel breakers. They have the thumb loop but you can cut it off no problem.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
51FTY get the rogue ones then, super nice and like 12 bucks with no loops.

grizzly237

Awards
Signature golds are by far the best ice tried.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I feel like I have tennis elbow from lifting? It sucks. It feels just like tendinitis to me.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Use camo gangsta wraps my self, also have a pair of the power wraps by mark bell, bought a few other cheaper pair such as rogue and schiek but nothing compares

napalm

napalm

Awards
Darksyde Ironwear rage wraps. Damn things are like a cast.

Friend of mines company..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like I have tennis elbow from lifting? It sucks. It feels just like tendinitis to me.
Go with a compression cuff or elbow sleeve. It's (CC) helped eliminate some elbow issues for me. I currently use the Slingshot brand.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Darksyde Ironwear rage wraps. Damn things are like a cast.

Friend of mines company..
Are they only on fb and is that how I'd order? I may give them some business. Always a fan of small companies that put on quality product.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Are they only on fb and is that how I'd order? I may give them some business. Always a fan of small companies that put on quality product.
I believe so, like his page and post on it. I'll message him and let him know your interest.

Famine

Famine

Awards
I've got a definite opinion on this, but I'm not clear on your needs. If your wrists hurt all day long and need support constantly, then there is something you're doing that you need to stop doing. If your dog is biting your wrists, then you need to take your dog to obedience class. If your wrists hurt at the wrist joint and near the top of the wrist bone, which mine did, bad, for the better part of two years, try using a cheap boxing wrap, about 8' (Champion brand runs about $8), and wrap as follows: around the wrist once, around palm twice, back around wrist twice, half wrap up twice more, half wrap up twice more, half wrap down twice, half wrap down twice (all variant on the thickness of your wrist). This worked better for MY wrist condition than any other wrap, and I've had a lot.

As for knees (there was a knee wrap question in here, wasn't there?), I love the heck out of my Titan wraps. I forget which one's they are, but they are the blue and grey striped ones. Those are NOT $8, lol. I do not, however, like my Titan wrist wraps. Too stiff, cuts blood flow instantly. Hand size, shape, and meatiness all play a factor when people give opinions on wraps. Just keep that in mind.

Also, youtube has a lot of wrap videos. You should always wrap for the purpose, not a general "wrap everything the same way" sort of mentality...assuming you want wraps and not sleeves.