Rapid weight gain

Ruthless33

Awards
I had a real bad knee injury where I have been out of doing most leg exercises and deadlifts except for some minor accessory work.

I recently started doing very intense leg days and deadlifts added to back day twice a week with a P/P/L.

My diet has not changed at all. Staying in a slight surplus. But for the last 3 weeks of doing this new routine I am up 9 pounds.

Would just adding these really make that much of a difference in overall weight?
Effect test and other hormones?
Currently on no supplements.

Any input?

Inspiration44

Awards
ur food intake is what determines weight gain, but there are some other factors. Carbs, sodium intake, and water intake can make u fluctuate in weight up to 8-10lbs. So maybe when u werent going insane on ur leg workouts u were maybe only drinking 1L of water a day and u were only taking in 2000mg of sodium and say only 150g of carbs. but now if ur taking in 4L of water, 350g of carbs and 3000mg of sodium ur bodyweight is gonna skyrocket even if ur still eating say 3,000 calories

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its likely that since you did not work out your legs/back as much while injured, that the amount of glycogen taht those muscles (the biggest in your body) could store was limited. Now that you're depleting and refilling them, they may have slightly "supercompensated", exaggerating your true weight gains. I would venture to guess that things will stabilize any day and that your weight might even drop back down slightly as your body gets used to the regular workouts again.