Cutting Program

JG93

JG93

Awards
I am going to start a Epi cycle next week, until then, and even while on Epi, I am looking to cut fat and add lean mass.
Any ideas on programs I should look into?
I would prefer 5 days a week, 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off.
Thanks!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm currently running PHAT taking off Monday's and Fridays. I really like this layout as I know I'll be home weekends for heavy upper/lower and can work with whatever I have for the hyper ppl days tues-thurs.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's a lot of volume though so if you're not used to that it could be a bit much to just jump into.

What have you been running?

JG93

JG93

Awards
Monday's here is when all the gym fats come in and mingle on the bars...
I'll have to check that out.
Are you cycling with that or no?

JG93

JG93

Awards
I have been running a custom workout full body 3 days a week.
I'm a bit out of shape coming off roughly 4 months no workout due to injury.
I can handle quite a bit. And wanna push hard for a couple more days before I cycle. That way I can rest and find my sweet spots.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not cycling with it currently but I have recently.

I would take some serious time to get back into better shape before starting a cycle though if I were you. Starting too early will be a waste as you'll get your "noob" gains and muscle memory gains for the first few months anyways if not longer

JG93

JG93

Awards
Not cycling with it currently but I have recently.

I would take some serious time to get back into better shape before starting a cycle though if I were you. Starting too early will be a waste as you'll get your "noob" gains and muscle memory gains for the first few months anyways if not longer
I thought about that, just firing to get this little extra flab off! I may hold off a bit longer and see what I can gain. Just impatient with the cutting aspect.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought about that, just firing to get this little extra flab off! I may hold off a bit longer and see what I can gain. Just impatient with the cutting aspect.
I know the feeling. We all struggle with patience when it comes to dieting down. The thing is, you may find that with the rate you're able to build muscle the first few months, it'll be more beneficial to just go for mass and that new muscle will naturally ramp up your metabolism

JG93

JG93

Awards
I know the feeling. We all struggle with patience when it comes to dieting down. The thing is, you may find that with the rate you're able to build muscle the first few months, it'll be more beneficial to just go for mass and that new muscle will naturally ramp up your metabolism
I think you may be right, I'm gonna hold off for 30 days, gym 4 days a week. Build lean and cut fat on a strict diet.
If the results run well, I'll do another 30, until it slows down.
That way I can get max results from Epi. Although Epi is a good cutting tool lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think you may be right, I'm gonna hold off for 30 days, gym 4 days a week. Build lean and cut fat on a strict diet.
If the results run well, I'll do another 30, until it slows down.
That way I can get max results from Epi. Although Epi is a good cutting tool lol
It is, but if it's barely doing more than what you could have naturally then you're wasting it. Also at higher bf the sides WILL be worse and harder to control.

dredmentia

Awards
Those noob gains are true, i was out of the gym for almost a year, and for the first 3 months I was only taking creatine, and the gains came quicker than I've ever seen . its amazing how your body can build itself back to a previous state like that