Visual Trails while Squatting

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
During my current Superdrol cycle, since I started squatting with heavier weights (>275), I've been seeing visual trails while coming up. I suspect its just a lack of oxygen, but its really weird. Has anyone ever experienced this? My face is also very red when I squat heavy. Is this safe? Would it be better to stick to lighter weights? I'm not getting muscle failure, so I'd like to keep going heavier, I just don't want to pass out, fall over, and have 315 pounds land on top of me.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Funny you mention these as I get little trailers in my vision after a couple sets of heavy bench. Kind of look like dust or threads or something that skitters across my vision. But usually only after a heavy set of bench (where my face is really red and I'm breathing like a locomotive).

As as side note, when I'm really hung over I get them too.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
given that your face is very red its a lack of oxygen, be sure to inhale very deeply during the negative and exhale on the positive

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems if you're breathing properly. Are you doing high rep squats (20+)? I get lightheaded too sometimes when I rep high. Usually I'll stop with the bar on my back, take a breather for 10 to 15 seconds and continue on.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems if you're breathing properly. Are you doing high rep squats (20+)? I get lightheaded too sometimes when I rep high. Usually I'll stop with the bar on my back, take a breather for 10 to 15 seconds and continue on.
Actually its exactly the opposite, I'm on the 5 rep portion of a HST cycle. Its alot heavier than I normally do, mainly because I normally do higher reps.

given that your face is very red its a lack of oxygen, be sure to inhale very deeply during the negative and exhale on the positive.
Hmmmmm, maybe thats the problem. I don't breath going down or up, just when I get to the top portion of the movement. I didn't even think about it being the problem, but you may have hit the nail on the head. I'll try that. Thanks guys.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a common side effect with powerlifters. The breathing technique used is for one rep maxes not for more. You need to breathe properly when doing your training. Just slow down, and get your breathing down, and in a rythm and you should be fine.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
O/T: Nate, how are those 20 rep (widowmakers) squats working out for you? :p

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting those all the time, bending over to tie my shoes, getting out of bed, or when I have to walk up stairs. I've been on an M1T/M4AD/M5AA cycle for a few months now, and I'm supplementing with baking soda.

;) j/k! I get the little stars sometimes after heavy (<3RM) compound lifts.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize there is anything abnormal about seeing trails when squatting. I never thought twice about it.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
given that your face is very red its a lack of oxygen, be sure to inhale very deeply during the negative and exhale on the positive
while that's common mantra, you are better off taking a deep breath before the lift, decending and holding the air until you are most of the way up at least, then exhaling all the way at the top of the lift, taking a nice deap breath in/out, then repeating... Holding hair causes your lungs to expand, your diaphram compacts your internal organs which push against the walls of the abdominals, which push back (even more so if you have a properly fitting belt) thus increasing intra-abdominal pressure. This deloads the spine reducing incidences of injury and increasing core stability which translates into bigger lifts.

The tracers are probably a sign that your blood pressure is very high, the amount of oxygen used from your breath is generally very small, less than 20%. I also doubt it's a sign of high carbon dioxide concentrations as the majority of co2 produced is during the TCA cycle, little is produced during glycolysis (which is primary operative pathway during short sets of heavy squats). If this is consistent you might want to have your blood pressure checked - mine went up to 160/80 recently :( need to get some catopres till I get off the gear.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
while that's common mantra, you are better off taking a deep breath before the lift, decending and holding the air until you are most of the way up at least, then exhaling all the way at the top of the lift, taking a nice deap breath in/out, then repeating... Holding hair causes your lungs to expand, your diaphram compacts your internal organs which push against the walls of the abdominals, which push back (even more so if you have a properly fitting belt) thus increasing intra-abdominal pressure. This deloads the spine reducing incidences of injury and increasing core stability which translates into bigger lifts.

The tracers are probably a sign that your blood pressure is very high, the amount of oxygen used from your breath is generally very small, less than 20%. I also doubt it's a sign of high carbon dioxide concentrations as the majority of co2 produced is during the TCA cycle, little is produced during glycolysis (which is primary operative pathway during short sets of heavy squats). If this is consistent you might want to have your blood pressure checked - mine went up to 160/80 recently :( need to get some catopres till I get off the gear.
hmm .. well this man knows more about squatting than i do :)

and ex, mine got up that high after 3 months on celery seed extract and hawthorne berry it went down to 110/65

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Wow, never even considered that possibility. I'm up almost 15 pounds in the past 6 weeks I've been on Superdrol, so its very possible that my blood pressure has gone up quite a bit. I'll get on some hawthorn berry and asprin and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
hmm .. well this man knows more about squatting than i do :)

and ex, mine got up that high after 3 months on celery seed extract and hawthorne berry it went down to 110/65
How long did they take to kick in? Any negative side effects? I'm hesitant to take any supplements that are THAT effective but aren't really studied, though if the doctor at the free clinic is a twat I'll definately pick some up.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
not a single negative side effect that i'm aware of .. and i'm not sure how long it took because i was so put off by my bp when i was that high i didn't take it again for about 3 months while on those two herbs the entire time ... but they did not affect me in any negative way that i'm currently aware of ... although i do suspect they aren't going to work right away .. i definitely recommend them in conjunction taken 3 times a day at the dose recommend on the bottles

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long did they take to kick in? Any negative side effects? I'm hesitant to take any supplements that are THAT effective but aren't really studied, though if the doctor at the free clinic is a twat I'll definately pick some up.
There really are no negatives, although Hawthorne Berry is an extemely powerful anti-oxidant. It is even more productive when added with C0Q-10; a synergistic effect 1+1= 3. It does take some time to kick in, I would give it at least a few months that's why I run it year round. As far as the celery seed I think it works even better, and it's faster acting, around a week, so you could start them both now, but more than likely it will be the C seed and not the HB that's helping at first.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
There really are no negatives, although Hawthorne Berry is an extemely powerful anti-oxidant. It is even more productive when added with C0Q-10; a synergistic effect 1+1= 3. It does take some time to kick in, I would give it at least a few months that's why I run it year round. As far as the celery seed I think it works even better, and it's faster acting, around a week, so you could start them both now, but more than likely it will be the C seed and not the HB that's helping at first.
I always thought it was funny that people take coQ10 as a supplement, that's like taking a water supplement... Any whole food you eat is loaded with coQ10. Of course if your diet consists of sugar, processed flour and processed fat then maybe you have a problem ;)

As for the hawthorne berry and celery seed extract, I'll probably order some celery seed extract and give that a shot, since it's a week and a half till I can get into the clinic anyhow. I don't like to stay on stuff year round for problems I only have while "on" though, so I'll probably skip the hawthorne berry.

Thanks for the info guys.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always thought it was funny that people take coQ10 as a supplement, that's like taking a water supplement... Any whole food you eat is loaded with coQ10. Of course if your diet consists of sugar, processed flour and processed fat then maybe you have a problem ;)
Certain conditions will lower the amount though, especially statins, and certain AAS. But it does potentiate the HB, although it's not exactly cost friendly.

Either way let us know if you do get it, and if it has helped.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Guys, Twinlab Blood Pressure Control(C12 peptide) will drop your BP within a normal range in about 5 days. The celery seed and hawthorn works great too, but takes longer to kick in.

BV

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Guys, Twinlab Blood Pressure Control(C12 peptide) will drop your BP within a normal range in about 5 days. The celery seed and hawthorn works great too, but takes longer to kick in.

BV
What's in it? I got started on attenolol and hctz, the majority of my BP problems were from the tren, using an AI did almost nothing for my BP. Attenolol dropped it like 40/15 points. Only thing bad about attenolol for me was th at the first few days while my system was adjusting to it, it tanked my strength like ~5% at least - I got pretty upset about that, but my strength came back after less than a week on it.

Looking forward to 900mg/week of tren e :twisted:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
C12 peptide, its a derivative of casein...I kept a log the first time I tried it:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21992

Here's a link to a study I found on PubMed regarding C12:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15533734

It had my BP down FAST, in 5 days nearly 15pts on each reading. One thing I didnt mention in the log is that after I discontinued use, my blood pressure did come up slightly during PCT, until the water weight from the cycle dropped off.

The stuff works great - Ill never do another cycle without having it on hand.

Looking forward to 900mg/week of tren e
Woah!:) I'd definitely look into the C12 then:)