Topic of the week: Is Overtraining BS?

Page 14 of 14 First ... 121314

1. Subbed so I can read the whole thread. In my opinion it is a thing. Just FAR overstated.

2. Overtraining is just a state of mind, an illusion if you will. But then, so is the Universe.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Overtraining is just a state of mind, an illusion if you will. But then, so is the Universe.
    Deep.

4. There's a reason RPE is being utilized more and more around the "Powerlifting" Community...

...it can be fairly easy to overly tax your CNS, when sessions revolve around compound movements.

Not sure I'd call it "overtraining"...but there should definitely be an acknowledgement of overall exertion when planning weekly and monthly progression...

5. You cant really overtrain as long as you get the recovery you need, food and sleep are essential and if you use steroids that will help aswell.

But at some point even with perfect sleep, food and ass your body wont be able to recover intill the next workout so in that sense you could overtrain.

But 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week wont get you overtrained if you eat and sleep enough. And ofc learn to listen to your body, if a muscle is feeling sore or weird maybe you shouldnt go all in that day.

Atleast Thats what i belive from reading and doing for a few years now.
    •   

6. Topic of the week: Is Overtraining BS?

I've trained Olympic, pro and collegiate athletes that workout 4-6hrs a day for years and they can reach a state of over training with all factors being controlled. And I don't believe many if any but a few in bodybuilding realm will actually overtrain. You may under eat, sleep, stress out, supplement poorly, etc but, not overtrain. Most just don't push hard enough to reach that point.

7. I don't believe it is any more unlikely to overtrain in bodybuilding than it is training for any other sport.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    I don't believe it is any more unlikely to overtrain in bodybuilding than it is training for any other sport.
    It is. Bodybuilders rarely push high intensity loads. They stick to higher rep ranges for the most part.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

9. There is not over-training itself, but moreso under eating and under recovering.

In my experience, a lot comes down to the nervous system. Lifting and other strenuous activity stresses the nervous and metabolic system.

Even if someone is working hard and eating a lot (say a lumberjack or hardcore construction worker), there is still a limit to how much they can train. If not, Olympic Sprinters, Olympic Powerlifters, etc. would train 16 hours a day/7 days a week.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 08:05 PM
  2. Topic of the Week: Phosphatidic Acid or Arachidonic Acid?
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 05:20 AM
  3. Topic of the Week: Post Workout - High GI Carbs? Yes or No
    By Driven2lift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 10:43 PM
  4. Topic of the Week: Traditional Bulk and Cut or no?
    By Driven2lift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 01:14 PM