How Does One "Dry Out"

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
Just wondering .... How does one "dry out" - be it for a competition or otherwise ??

What are the methods, techniques, supplements, nutrient intake, etc ???

Strib_G

Strib_G

Awards
Remove salt for a week prior and cut water before carb up. Some people take fluid pills also

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha funny! ^^^ but ur bf has to be low to begin with and then pretty much what strib g said if ur competing for a show that's the procedure you would do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remove salt for a week prior and cut water before carb up. Some people take fluid pills also
Nobody removes salt for a week. That's the best way to make sure that you hold onto as much fluid as possible.

OP, are you talking about looking dry on a daily basis or depleting water to make weight/for a show?

Strib_G

Strib_G

Awards
More like 5 days really...Why would you want to hold fluid in attempts at drying out?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like 5 days really...Why would you want to hold fluid in attempts at drying out?
Not even that long. When you deplete too long, the body compensates (I think it's aldosterone that does this) and forces itself to hold onto water.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Not even that long. When you deplete too long, the body compensates (I think it's aldosterone that does this) and forces itself to hold onto water.
Yup, aldosterone and ADH in concert.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
I suppose I was just wondering in general . . . for that "extra cut" look.