Rtm's clean bulk attempt!

rtm

rtm

Awards
I wanted to keep this log to show any/all progress that I have in the next 8 weeks. First let me say that Bobo has been very professional throughout the entire process. He has responded quickly to any questions that I have had, even the times I bugged him before I bought the program. With that being said, let's start.

My current stats are
5'6" 145 lbs 13-15% bf

Just a few months ago, I weighed between 165-170 lbs with about 16-18% bf. Due to some personal issues, I quit working out and basically eating for a long time, but am now ready to try and put some muscle on without much fat. I hope it's true what they say about muscle memory, as I am as weak in my lifts as I think I have ever been.

I will update the log weekly when I weigh in.

Monday 2/7/05

Workout went well. It will take a little time to get accustomed to it though. I have done similar workouts, but the rep cadance was not like this. I am on track with my meals. My day starts at 4:00 A.M. with my pre-workout meal, followed by my workout around 5:00, and my post-workout meal around 6:30-7:00. I try to get my next meals in at 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00-8:30 in that order.

Bobo, I always train at that time, so if you have a better suggestion for meal timing, please let me know.

There is really not more to say except that I am so full right now, it's hard to believe that I won't gain too much fat. But I am leaving that in the expert's hand.

Maverick80

Awards
rtm,
Good luck with your bulk. My lifts are going well but the diet is my problem. My days start at more like 9am, I seem to be having trouble getting the later meals. Just out of curiousity, do you work or go to school? I notice you start your day at 4am, and you also are eating at 11am, 2, 5. Just wondering how people are working this into their schedules. I wonder how people with full time jobs try to eat a meal every 3 hours? hah.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Hi Maverick,

I work full time. But my schedule can get kind of crazy throughout the day. I have somedays where I can plan my meals anytime I want, and then other days where I will be an hour or two late getting my meal depending on meetings, etc.

I was kind of shocked at the amount of calories that I would be consuming at my bodyweight, but I guess I wouldn't be here if I knew exactly what to do.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Also Bobo if your looking,

I just finished meal #4 of the diet you sent me, and I feel as though I'm going to explode. That is one huge amount of food. Does it get any easier?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, it does.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Don't say that!

I'm only starting my second day, but have been uncomfortably full since starting.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Not an update, but a side note.

Today was my leg workout. Let's just say that I am kind of glad I traded my 6 speed in for an auto. I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow.

cctez

Board Supporter
Awards
Eating does get easier, but then it gets harder again after you have been doing it for a while. My wife was basically forcing me to eat that last meal sometimes.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Okay. End of Week 1. I followed my diet meal for meal last week except for Saturday night when I had my daughter staying over. Meal # 5 was replaced by some hot wings I got at a place she likes to go. Other than that, every other meal for that week was eaten as dictated.

Start 145 lbs.
Week 1 149 lbs.

I have gained a total of 4 lbs this week. I weighed in under the same conditions, and the same time as last week. I don't know what to think quite yet. I know my body was probably depleted from my diet, or lack of before starting. My pants are slightly tighter in the waist, but kind of like they feel when they have been washed "one to many times".

One thing for sure, I feel extremely full constantly.

See you guys next time.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is about right. Look for strenght increases in the next 2 weeks.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 2 Results.

This week went excatly like last week in that I followed my diet meal for meal except for one. Meal #5 this past Saturday was replaced by a couple of slices of pizza. (I had my daughter with me again) Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly.

Start 145 lbs
Week 1 149 lbs
Week 2 152.5-153 lbs.

That's another 3.5-4.0 lb gain this week. I can definately feel my pants a little tighter in the waist also. Last week, I couldn't really decide, but this week it's evident.

My strength is slowly increasing also as I am starting to get used to the exercise routine.

So that's about it. See you next post.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tweak in the mail....

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 3 Results.

This week has been just like the others. I have followed my diet to the letter every day except for the one meal on Saturday when I have my daughter. And that one meal is usually more or less the same every week.

Start 145lbs
Week 1 149lbs
Week 2 153lbs
Week 3 157lbs
That's another 4 pound gain. The only difference between this week and last was that last week I could tell that my pants were getting tighter in the waist. This week, there seems to be no change in how they feel.

My strenght has finally started to slowly go up in my compound movements, but my bicep and tricep exercises seem to be stuck. I don't know if the rep tempo has anything to do with it, or just the fact that I did work sets with lower reps in the past.

But I will continue to push ahead. Until next post....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms can take a bit longer for you to increase in strenght but in reality its not that much of a concern. This program isn't really strenght oriented at all but growth oriented. As long as you keep getting bigger, then your ok.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Nice gains man. I am totally opposite than you lol. My first meal comes around 10-11:00 am, then 2:30, 5:00, 7:30(pre-workout), 10:00(post-workout), and 1:00AM(Bed-time Meal). Some would call me a night owl, but hey when you dont have class until noon and can sleep a full 8 hours going to bed at 2 I can't complain.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Thanks Bohica!

I've been following your posts as well. By the way it sounds, you are going to be one of those types of people that will have to put away some massive quantities of food when bulking. Kind of like the more you eat, the more efficient your body runs.

Which have you found easier in the past, Bulking or Cutting?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
lol, let me put it this way. I have always been the skinny kid ever since I was like 5. I have never run a true cutting program, but its simple for me to cut. I can do it with 3000 calories a day it seems. I have been bulking ever since I started working out. :D

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 4 Results.

This week has been a repeat of previous weeks. I have followed my diet every day except for Saturday when I kind of got off track with it being my daughter's birthday.

Start 145lbs
Week 1 149lbs
Week 2 153lbs
Week 3 157lbs
Week 4 159lbs

That is a two pound gain from last week. I was wondering when they were going to start slowing down. Strength is still slowly going up, or the reps are slightly easier each week. My waist is still about the same. I can still wear the same size jeans that I started the program with. But if my waist was to go up any more, I don't think I could wear them.

So...until next week.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would guess that you probably have another week before you need another tweak.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Nice gains rtm, can't wait to join you. I gotta get over this stupid stomach bug first, gonna lift and force my meals down today. Hope everything goes ok!! GJ again!!

rtm

rtm

Awards
Thanks Bohica!

Sorry to hear what you are going through. That stomach bug is no joke. I actually had it about two weeks before starting with Bobo. I went 3 days with not being able to keep anything down.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 5 Results.

This week has been the same as other weeks. I follow my diet every day except for Saturday when I have my daughter. The majority of the time I follow it for most of the day then too except for a couple of meals out with her.

Start 145lbs
Week 1 149lbs
Week 2 153lbs
Week 3 157lbs
Week 4 159lbs
Week 5 160lbs

This week I gained 1 lb. My strength is still slowly going up. My waist feels more or less like last week. My pants that I started the program on are still at that threashold of being able to wear comfortably.

See you next week.

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Good work man, keep the updates coming. I start my bulking proggie next Sunday.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Thanks.

If I keep this pace up, I will be the same weight as I used to be and in a smaller pant's size. Everyone comments me especially on how my shoulders have changed. My whole upper body area looks considerably heavier.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 6 Results.

This week has been the same as all the others in my program. I follow my diet every day, get my daughter on the weekend, and generally end up substituting 1-2 meals. I try to keep the ratios close though.

I'm adding small increments of weight to the compound exercises every week, and to the smaller muscles every 2-3 weeks.

Start 145lbs
Week 1 149lbs
Week 2 153lbs
Week 3 157lbs
Week 4 159lbs
Week 5 160lbs
Week 6 161.5lbs

So this week I gained 1.5 lbs. That makes a total of 16.5 lbs in 6 weeks.

See you next week.

rtm

rtm

Awards
Week 7 Results.

This week was the same as the others. I get my meals in every day, then I get my daughter on the weekend, and generally end up blowing 1-2 meals. I actually had a little more to eat this week because of Easter.
I once I started eating, it's like my appetite went into overdrive. This is the first time during the program that I let it get away from me, but the extra meals that I ate were Bobo based.

The funny thing is I put on a decent amount of weight, but it didn't show up on my waist too bad. I also think I am holding a good bit of water.

I'm still adding small amounts of weight to the big exercises every week, and to the smaller exercises every 2-3 weeks.

Start 145lbs
Week 1 149lbs
Week 2 153lbs
Week 3 157lbs
Week 4 159lbs
Week 5 160lbs
Week 6 161.5lbs
Week 7 167.0lbs
So this week I gained 5.5 lbs. That is not a typo. I promise! And the weird thing is that I can't really see where that weight went on my body.

That makes a grand total of 22 lbs in 7 weeks. And I swear that I am still wearing the same jeans (32's) that I started out in. They are starting to get pretty snug in the waist, but I'm still wearing them.

I will report back at my next and final week.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of the more intersting logs that was kept in the Private Section. RTM has extraordinary results when put on the right program and right exercise routine.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah he really exploded. Just goes to show what you can do naturally if you put your mind to it. Everyone just starting out should realize this before they start looking at PH's/AAS. I see too many people on this board using things they shouldn't when their diet and training is horrible to begin with.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Way to go bro....and I actually agree with BOBO that many use AAS/PH's when they don't need it....I like OM.com but at that forum many use Gear when they are about 150lbs-160lbs and end up 185-190lbs....all that can and should be gained naturally!

Hey BOBO, if you keep on having satisfied customers I may have to look your way soon...

Yes, just like my current avatar! hehehehe lol

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
I am about #160 now......if I dont look like the guy in your avatar after the program is over I will probably look for a refund.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can look for it, but you won't find it. If I could turn you into that, I wouldn't be here :D