Elbow injury

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Did some heavy deads today followed by barbell rows and pull-ups. Started into my bicep work and felt a sharp pain followed by an instant loss of grip. Looked in the mirror and saw a bit of a lump in my forearm by me elbow with some serious soreness. Went to the clinic and the doc thinks I may have snapped a tendon. Have to wait for an ultrasound to find out for sure.

image.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eeeeeek, you definitely over did it!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aww man that sucks!

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Not exactly the pump I was going for. I'm sensing a ton of squats and lower body days in the near future.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear that bro. Extra leg work is never a bad thing. Injuries suck but don't let it keep you out of the gym. I ruptured my ACL and tore my meniscus two years ago. Ortho told me not to do physical therapy for 3-4 weeks but I started 3 days after surgery. I started lifting 5 days after. Did my PT the full 5-6 times a day every day and focused on the upper body. Shoulders took a beating but I stayed in great shape. I kept working out the non injured leg. This helped keep the injured leg from atrophying as much as it could have. Two years laterI broke my squat PR of 455 with a 545 single. One of the best days of my life simply because doctors and others had me convinced that my heavy lifting days were behind me. Keep your head up. Your injury sounds serious. I recommend physical therapy ASAP. The longer a body part is allowed to atrophy the harder it will be to gain back full function. The physical therapist will prevent you from pushing too hard too fast, but your lifter mentality will definitely give you a leg up on recovery. Good luck.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Went for an ultrasound this morning and all of the tendons and muscle appear to still be intact. The downside is that now the doctor has to figure out what's in there. I'm sensing an MRI in the near future. The other good news is that the swelling has gone down today. The bad news is that it hurts more today than it has all weekend.

Gxxr06

Awards
I have a similar injury. From thr back of my arm around to the front of my bicep at the bottom. Swelled up too. Went down after a day then the pain kicked in like crazy. It's been 5 weeks. Doing physio and couple other things still a slow process. Driving me nuts can't lift over 5 pounds without pain later on