Training in the morning

avega17

Awards
  • Established
For those who train first thing in the morning, do you train fasted or with a small meal beforehand? Looking for some feedback to switch up my schedule.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Fasted

DevilDog2136

DevilDog2136

Awards
  • Established
I switch it up sometimes fasted sometimes a banana or oats. Personally don't notice a lot of difference. But like mentioned before everyone's body will respond differently.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I do both as well. I don't really notice any difference.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both. I prefer (mostly) fasted, tho. A little almond milk with my coffee.

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
For those who train first thing in the morning, do you train fasted or with a small meal beforehand? Looking for some feedback to switch up my schedule.

I've recently had to switch to morning training due to time constraint, I wake up at 445am take my pre that I mixed the night before, then go shave and put my contacts in, the I run down stairs and hit the weights (home gym) after I'm done I eat breakfast and wake my kids up for school.

I never cared for fasted training because I always felt like crap doing it, but I'm getting used to it now, it's not so bad.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Seems like the consensus is fasted, which makes more sense because if I ate something I would have to wait a bit anyways. I know that I'm gonna get some hunger pangs the first week or so, but they'll die down once I get going in the gym. I'm gonna switch to 6 or 8 am work outs soon and excited for some change. Thanks the input guys.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am betting that you end up looking back and realizing how great fasted training is.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I am betting that you end up looking back and realizing how great fasted training is.
I think so too. I've done a few small fasted workouts at home and in the gym before and there's something about just waking up and working out that hypes me up. As an added bonus, you feel great the rest of the day.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I fasted.

mdabbott2009

Awards
I try fasted up try and get a bunch of carbs in the night before. Helps me with energy during big lifts I can always tell when I don't eat enough food before night.

Also takes **** ton of warm up sets to get in the groove of things at 530am.

TexasGuy

Awards
I prefer to eat. I find I have much more energy during my workout.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I'd say that's goal dependent..
that's what he said. but seriously. it is goal dependent on whether you need to do one or the other.

bfoley

bfoley

Awards
I train fasted, but during the workout I have a drink containing 20g BCAA.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I train fasted with just a pwo before and I think it takes a few times training fasted first thing in the morning to get used to doing it.

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
Like people said. Depends on your goals if your bulking, probably not fasted. I have to eat at least something small before I workout for a little bit of fuel. Even if I'm just drinking a large glass of orange juice and a protein bar.