HELP ME PICK MY NEW PROGRAM!

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
So I've been running 531 for God knows how long now, like 7 months. I had hit PRs on Dead Skwat Bench of 475 445 275 while on a Halo Cycle

I just finished a run of 531 and strength was feeling a bit lower due to the fact that I'm down 12 pounds from my last PR sessions (GOTTA HAVE DEM ABS) and im currently not using any PEDs

Basically I wanna hit another program for 6-12 weeks before going back to 531. I feel like THE CUBE requires Tren Ace in your ass every day to recover and be effective... I also dont wanna hit 12 moves a day and thats how it seems the program works to me

Currently considering Candito's 6 week program, and Brandon Campbells program he just realeased. Im open to input and suggestions however.

Current focus is going to be getting that bench up, and upping total training volume (as 531 is a bit low unless you add in a bunch of your own ****), and no I dont want to do Smolov

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've been running 531 for God knows how long now, like 7 months. I had hit PRs on Dead Skwat Bench of 475 445 275 while on a Halo Cycle

I just finished a run of 531 and strength was feeling a bit lower due to the fact that I'm down 12 pounds from my last PR sessions (GOTTA HAVE DEM ABS) and im currently not using any PEDs

Basically I wanna hit another program for 6-12 weeks before going back to 531. I feel like THE CUBE requires Tren Ace in your ass every day to recover and be effective... I also dont wanna hit 12 moves a day and thats how it seems the program works to me

Currently considering Candito's 6 week program, and Brandon Campbells program he just realeased. Im open to input and suggestions however.

Current focus is going to be getting that bench up, and upping total training volume (as 531 is a bit low unless you add in a bunch of your own ****), and no I dont want to do Smolov
Im currently running Candito's program and have made some big jumps in my squat on it over 3 cycles. Have you read through the powerliftingtowin.com program review series? Might help you decide. He has both candito and the cube (along with many other programs) reviewed on there.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PHAT would add volume and strength gains on it are pretty good.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been a fan of WS4SB, although it isn't geared specifically towards increasing bench.

I think there are a few programs designed to increase your bench on elites site. I would check them out

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
did you get one of the cube books? i have 2 of them and 2 friends that got training from lilly and no where that i can remember is there 12 exercises a day. the base plan is the main lift with 3-4 accessory lifts. i ran it at 41 years old with no supplementation and i made it through multiple runs of it. all the guys i knew that ran it were not taking any vitamin S. they all had great work ethics and did what was needed to recovery though.

try sheiko then

i would still lean you towards a plan with some customization. things like 5/3/1, cube, and western conjugate (popularly known as westside) allow for required customization after the main lift to work on weak links, specific goals, and get to the needed volume for the desired results.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of people think that the only way to recover from a tough program is more drugs or more couch time. In reality you need to be in the gym doing prehab and rehab to help the recovery process along. I spend as much time on recovery work as I do training, and I feel everyone should. If you're proactive in your recovery, you can handle any mainstream program. The hardest version of Cube out right now is Kingpin, which is comp move, two hard variations, and three weak point exercises. Its tough, but your body can handle it if you just be proactive in your recovery and accept that the first three weeks will suck until you become conditioned to it.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
kingpin is the first version i did. i had to deload for 1 week part way through due to not enough food or sleep. i have run it with my own needs for accessory work several times since then without any deloads.

i thought the coan/phillipi program was way harder to complete.

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
I do mobility and stretch pre and post workout as often as possible, but sometimes time constraints limit that and I'll have weeks where I only get 1-2 mobility sessions in all week with 5 days of lifting. Life gets in the way unfortunately