Quick

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Advice on the quickest way to gain back as much muscle and weight as possible after finishing a sport season. Only gyming it about 2ce a week just to maintain somewhat of something but once the seasons over whats the quickest way to gain it all back.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are no short cuts and trying to rush it isn't smart. It will come back fast enough with proper training anyways.

Short time to recover right after season (maybe a month super basic recovery) => GPP phase to build your base and general skills => then your "Offseason" where you'll focus on whatever qualities you need/your sport needs.

That's the general progression I prefer my athletes to go through right after season, they don't always, but those that don't rush the process do better.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good diet would do the trick with lots of protein and carbs. Maybe even throw in a natural anabolic and why only in the gym twice a week?

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
Eat in a calorie surplus whilst progressively overloading with weights

JSNeves

JSNeves

Awards
There are no short cuts and trying to rush it isn't smart. It will come back fast enough with proper training anyways.

Short time to recover right after season (maybe a month super basic recovery) => GPP phase to build your base and general skills => then your "Offseason" where you'll focus on whatever qualities you need/your sport needs.

That's the general progression I prefer my athletes to go through right after season, they don't always, but those that don't rush the process do better.
Yes don't rush back into training! This is asking to get injured before you get to productive off season work!

I would stick to the same 2xweek lifting scheme for 2-3 weeks with a couple mobility sessions a week to give your body time to recover from the season and then slowly ramp up the training