Bobo vs. Dogcrapp - AnabolicMinds.com

Bobo vs. Dogcrapp

1. New Member

Bobo vs. Dogcrapp

Bobo, not trying to start a feud or anything, but I'm just curious what you think of DC's methods and theory. Just wanting an opinion from one top trainer about another top trainer.

2. Board Supporter

I was also wondering this same thing. I've recently read up on DC training style and it seems to work for everyone. I would love to hear Bobo's input on the matter, especially since Bobo and DC's training methods seem to conflict with each other.
    Last edited by ke0ki; 03-30-2005 at 08:58 PM.
  3. Advanced Member

i remember the days when ironaddict and bobo used to clash here on AM. good times. lol.

edit. DC's writings are very interesting, but you get to thinking, what he advocates, will turn most natural trainees into huge lardasses in a very short time. (400-600g of protein per day and calorie surpluses of 2000+ per day).
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I think they disagree on certain things, particularly when it comes to drugs.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ight=doggcrapp
  5. Board Supporter

Oh God...

Bobo knows his ****..thats all I have to say.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    edit. DC's writings are very interesting, but you get to thinking, what he advocates, will turn most natural trainees into huge lardasses in a very short time. (400-600g of protein per day and calorie surpluses of 2000+ per day).
    I take in almost 400 grams of protein and most certainly take in over 2000 calories a day (a little over 4000 actually). I've gained 3 and a half pounds in 2 weeks off of diet alone. Not only that, but I've become more vascular and I seem to be more muscular and quite a bit stronger after only 5 weeks using DC training (I see it and my wife sees it as well). A good program if you ask me.
  7. Senior Member

What Omar meant was 2000 calories _over_ maintenance. Now thats high for a normal person although maybe not for Schlierkamp.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

He does advocate high protein intake for everyone, but that's about it. He believes there is no cookie cutter diet for everyone. Each person is different, meaning what works for some may not work for others. The training as far as I know works for everyone that I have heard of using it. As far as diet, he will only give advice on an individualistic basis. So saying he advocates 2000 calories over maintenance is false.
  9. ***** Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I take in almost 400 grams of protein and most certainly take in over 2000 calories a day (a little over 4000 actually). I've gained 3 and a half pounds in 2 weeks off of diet alone. Not only that, but I've become more vascular and I seem to be more muscular and quite a bit stronger after only 5 weeks using DC training (I see it and my wife sees it as well). A good program if you ask me.
    thats prob just the food in your gut if you were much lowwer in cals before. what the real thing to watch is after the initial increase what is your weight increase and you fat to lbm ratio ongoing.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I've really never eaten as clean or as strict as I am now. And I truly never realized how much of an effect diet can have on one's body composition. Damn, what the hell have I been doing all these years.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reporter
    Bobo, not trying to start a feud or anything, but I'm just curious what you think of DC's methods and theory. Just wanting an opinion from one top trainer about another top trainer.
    I think you're opening a can of worms.

They didn't get along too great last time they met up on AM.com.

I know that bobo said something to this extent once: "Doggcrapp, coming out with a book? That would be funny" in response to (well obviously) someone asking of DC was coming out w/ a book.
  12. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

I don't understand what the beef is about...feels like something from hip hop! They both seem to have their beliefs and people that agree with them, I just wanna know what is the difference in there training methods and what the beef is about? Can't we all just get along!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by goldylight
    thats prob just the food in your gut if you were much lowwer in cals before. what the real thing to watch is after the initial increase what is your weight increase and you fat to lbm ratio ongoing.
    Hehehe.

You guys need to take a look at DC's trainees. They're all far from fat. He keeps his guys (most of them) pretty damn lean.

You can't bash DC's routine. It works.

This should not be a "versus" thread. No need for such a thing.

They both do a damn good job w/ their trainees.

DC's a bit expensive though
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    I don't understand what the beef is about...feels like something from hip hop! They both seem to have their beliefs and people that agree with them, I just wanna know what is the difference in there training methods and what the beef is about? Can't we all just get along!
    Well, we don't know much about Bobo's methods. They're not public...so, I dunno if many ppl can answer this.

DC has a "basic" routine everyone can build something off of, but make no mistake, he keeps the "good" secrets for his trainees as well.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Both of these guys are good. Look at their successes. Red Apples and Green Apples..just depends on which apple you like more.
  16. Board Supporter

Admittedly, I havent read up that much on DC's methods. But, I think I could safely infer that quite a few of his disciples have gained on DC simply because of the totally lacking diet they had pre-DC.
    I mean, I know when I was younger and had lots of test coursing through my viens, my progress sucked simply because my diet also sucked.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Maybe...but u guys do realize he's training people like "Dave Henry" right? And, they're making great gains....Flex Wheeler said he was floored by Dave's improvements...

U guys think DC is on the small scale still, huh?
  18. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Maybe...but u guys do realize he's training people like "Dave Henry" right? And, they're making great gains....Flex Wheeler said he was floored by Dave's improvements...

U guys think DC is on the small scale still, huh?
    Dont get me wrong, I didnt mean anyone DC is training. I meant the guys who are prepared to kill you if you say anything about DC or his methods
    You know.....all those 16Y/O's at bb.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Dave Henry (no special lighting here folks)

At the IronMan

Writeup in MD: http://intensemuscle.com/attachment....tid=4880&stc=1
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew69
    Dont get me wrong, I didnt mean anyone DC is training. I meant the guys who are prepared to kill you if you say anything about DC or his methods
    You know.....all those 16Y/O's at bb.com
    Oh yeah. LOLOLOL...they crack me up.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Like you said Kwyck, this shouldn't really be a versus thread. Both are very good at what they do. And they both do what they do quite differently it seems.
  22. Registered User

I agree about the versus thing. It is a little odd to say "not trying to start a feud or anything" but to call the thread Bobo vs. Dogcrapp. I know you probably mean that in the sense of compare and contrast, but it seems confrontational from the get go. Perhaps it would be best just to ask Bobo what he likes and doesn't like about DC's methodology.
  23. SJA
    dead sexy wino

Perhaps it would be best just to ask Bobo what he likes and doesn't like about DC's methodology.
    That would be more like it.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reporter
    Bobo, not trying to start a feud or anything
    So don't. He can reopen and address this if he desires to.
  25. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Guys, just saw this. I am currently not at home and have limited access but as far as his "methods", the majority I don't have a problem. Its bascially increasing TUT which ironically is not DC's methods (even though he might throw a few twsits in there). Its really not anything new at all. Most trainers "methods" or "routines" are based on very basic routines that are taught in any Exercise and Strenght Training Programs. My methods are the same. Its nothing new at all and they are not my methods. I can add some little twists in their they have worked for me at various points but they are still based on methods that are taught at any college. I just break everything down from nutrition and routine to show you show to build your foundation first, then you can experiment after the fact to find your little tweaks.

The majority of what I do not agree with is his suggest hormone use (cruising) which has absolutely no scietific basis at all. In fact, science disagrees with it at almost every point. I don't like trainers who advocate hormone use when they don't even have a clue how the endocrine system works. I will leave it at that.

I don't recommend hormone use at all with any one of my programs. The majority of my results are not from hormone use and very little supplement use.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bobo's vs Swolecat's programs
    By nevergoodenough in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
  2. Ergopharm vs. IDC
    By true_c in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 08:14 AM
  3. Formasin vs. 6-oxo
    By scotty2 in forum Supplements