Good Low Ab Exercises

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Need some suggestions for some good lower ab work other than hanging leg/knee raises.

Thanks.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
V-ups hit upper and lower abs, but work lower very well. Leg raises on a decline bench are another option.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Leg raises on decline bench, to make it a little harder throw a weight down there like grab a 5 or 10 lb dumbbell with your feet then preform it.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Gonna get back to leg raises on decline bench then.

Any other loaded movements?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
lower abs cannot be worked separately than any other section of the abs. so dont worry about trying to do something that cannot be done. if you think you feel it more down there it is cause you are feeling the hip flexors working and think it is the lower abs.

great ab exercises are planks (side planks too), dragon flags (or as someone called them, leg raises on decline bench), pikes (also known as jackknife) with feet on swiss ball, standing cable crunches, farmers and yoke walks, fallouts or rollouts, and pavlov press.

heavy squats, overheads and deads too as you have to contract them hard to stabilize the body.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
lower abs cannot be worked separately than any other section of the abs. so dont worry about trying to do something that cannot be done. if you think you feel it more down there it is cause you are feeling the hip flexors working and think it is the lower abs. great ab exercises are planks (side planks too), dragon flags (or as someone called them, leg raises on decline bench), pikes (also known as jackknife) with feet on swiss ball, standing cable crunches, farmers and yoke walks, fallouts or rollouts, and pavlov press. heavy squats, overheads and deads too as you have to contract them hard to stabilize the body.
I understand that. Just looking for loaded moves where the moment arm is the legs as opposed to the torso. These moves are great and I do them from time to time, but you can't really load them. Gonna try flags with a db between my feet.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I understand that. Just looking for loaded moves where the moment arm is the legs as opposed to the torso. These moves are great and I do them from time to time, but you can't really load them. Gonna try flags with a db between my feet.

The great thing about a forum is you don't have to listen to my advice. You can even challenge it.

In saying that, if my list if exercises are too easy then you either have stronger abs then most people on the planet or you are doing them wrong. Those are lifts done at my gym by elite and masters total powerlifters and national level strongman competitors.

If aesthetics are more your thing then I am not the right person to offer advice anways.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
The great thing about a forum is you don't have to listen to my advice. You can even challenge it. In saying that, if my list if exercises are too easy then you either have stronger abs then most people on the planet or you are doing them wrong. Those are lifts done at my gym by elite and masters total powerlifters and national level strongman competitors. If aesthetics are more your thing then I am not the right person to offer advice anways.
I didn't say they were too easy or that I have great abs. I agree with what your saying I'm just looking for weighted moves.