Routine question

torque455

Awards
Hey guys,
I have a question I want to start a routine that would mainly increase strength. I'm not going for size as much as I would like to increase my strength. I did bodybuilding before when I was in high school before I joined the military. Long story short, I screwed up my shoulder pretty good while I was in and it required surgery and no PT for over a year while it was healing. I'm out now, starting to workout again. I don't want to body build this time but I want to increase my strength. I know I need squats, bench press, deads and pull ups but what else can I add. I know this probably make no sense when you read it so I apologize if this makes no sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't care about the look anymore but gaining strength is my main goal now. I just want a routine that will be mainly for strength gains and need to be pointed in the right direction for different exercises and how long would you stick to one routine before changing it up? Thanks in advance for any help.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
get on a proven program to get yourself started. stay on it for at least 6 months if not longer. that will do you wonders.

you could try westside for skinny bastards, 5/3/1 (pick any preferred accessory work), madcow, bill star 5x5, texas method. do the one you believe in and hit it hard, sleep hard, and eat hard, and enjoy the gains.

torque455

Awards
Thanks man, never heard of the texas method before but I like it. Thanks for the suggestions.