Squat. Every. Day.

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Anybody on this protocol? I've done it 3 of the last 4 days, and not going to lie, I feel great.
Any advice? Much appreciated.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
how many reps? sets? weight?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Very interesting. I can't usually walk the next day after I squat, so I have never done 2 squat session days in a row. I'm wondering the same as ^^^^^^^.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heck no! I try to get it out of the way at the beginning of the week, so I don't have to deal with it til the next week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe that this style may be fine for a small group of people, but definitely not if you are looking to improve athleticism or anything other than getting better and stronger at squats.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I believe that this style may be fine for a small group of people, but definitely not if you are looking to improve athleticism or anything other than getting better and stronger at squats.
This. Also depends on your recovery. Those who can recover better can probably utilize it well, others who can't would eventually crash I would think

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
The MusclePharm President, Cory Gregory, swears by it. Believe he goes up to 3-rep max. Seemed illogical to me as well, but squatting "more often"(2-3 times/week, as opposed to everyday), has helped me all around strength and much tighter in my core.
(My goal is to be shredded. I don't care so much about strength numbers honestly).

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Read Matt Perrymans book on this idea for those interested.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I hate squats! Bench every day. Now where talk'n :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oly lifters squat quite often, but they also only do a handful of movements in their training and the CNS is very different due to a lack of eccentric movement on the primary lifts.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I know who is getting caught when we are outrunning someone!

HJH

Awards
Not the best of ideas. Squatting is much more stressful on the CNS than olympic lifts. In order to successfully cause adaptation, homeostasis must be challenged, but the workload required to do this on squats is going to be too much to do everyday, and if you reduce the volume so you can get through seven days a week, you are no longer going to be providing enough of a stimulus per session to cause adaptation. I do believe that a vast majority on this forum are not advanced enough that they can benefit from 3x a week squatting, and even the most advanced people on this forum would probably benefit more from 2x a week squatting rather than 1x a week. 1x a week typically gives too much time to recover from a stimulus (on squats) and then the rest of the time is just stagnation or regression. The more sessions you can provide a strong enough stimulus to cause adaptations, while simultaneously providing sufficient time for recovery, the better you will be.