Sprints

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any tried and true Sprint workouts that you guys do or have heard of?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For track i use to do 10 100meter sprints but you could do like 10 50 meter sprints and i think that would get your heart rate with minimal rest inbetween sprints.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For track i use to do 10 100meter sprints but you could do like 10 50 meter sprints and i think that would get your heart rate with minimal rest inbetween sprints.
how long of a rest in between sets?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My primary HIIT are sled sprints and then follow up with no weight sprints. Generally 8 x 50yd for both and my rest is around 45-60 sec. If I am outside I will hammer sprints on my bike and then it is generally followed with about 60-90sec rest since the sprints are longer in duration.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
My primary HIIT are sled sprints and then follow up with no weight sprints. Generally 8 x 50yd for both and my rest is around 45-60 sec. If I am outside I will hammer sprints on my bike and then it is generally followed with about 60-90sec rest since the sprints are longer in duration.
This. Great way to knock off the fat with out impacting muscle growth. I keep no weight sprints on the grass for less impact on joints etc.

RyanB88

Awards
When do you guys do your sprints? You have a devoted cardio day or you knock em out before chest/back/legs?