Training your triceps/Genetic limitations

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Everyone should read this article about your genetic limitations and training of your triceps. There are three parts to this article on mind and muscle website that could help you out.

I’m talking about how to orient the arm so that the contraction of the triceps allows you to work the different parts of the force continuum. No really. I’m not making this up. The strength of the muscle is not equal throughout its contraction. At the most stretched position and at the most contracted position the muscle is weakest. When the muscle is half contracted, when you’re in the middle of your range of motion, your muscle is its strongest. There are 3 basic positions: Contracted, Stretch, and Strength.

The best example of this position is the Dumbbell Kick Back, because your arm is behind you and when your arm is fully extended gravity is acting at a 90 degree angle from the direction the muscle is lying. In other words the muscle is in its most contracted position possible and the force is in the most direct direction possible. In between sets squeeze the muscle in this contracted position. This starves the muscle and creates an up-regulation of nitric oxide (NO).

To read more about this there will also be on part two overcoming your genetic limitations and there is a mock arm workout on part 3!! Please go check it out if you are interested.

Tricep Training: Overcoming Genetic Limitations - part 1 | Mind And Muscle

There are also products on the site and if you would like to check those out or buy any of those you can use my 10% off discount code "ALLISON" to get great savings!!!