Concerns about a first cycle

sul_nyip

Awards
Hey guys just joined the forum hoping for some helpful advice. So I've been doing a good amount of research lately into doing a first cycle. I'm not quite ready to jump into test just yet so I've been considering a cycle of halodrol instead because it's relatively mild with a low history of side affects.

The problem I am most concerned with is back pumps, after reading tons of different logs I felt like this problem was the most documented. People would say that the problem would become so bad that eventually they would struggle to get through any sort of leg/lower back workouts.

The reason this concerns me is that the program I plan on training with during the cycle is VERY dependent on the posterior chain (It's an intense 4 week program designed for out of season athletes, have done it before with great results). This is basically how it works, also keep in mind I am doing this in hopes of maximizing the results of this program to become a better athlete.

Monday- An "easy workout" begins with high weight low rep power cleans, rack pulls, high pull with low weights and then various different upper body exercises

Tuesday- This workout is extremely intense, if done correctly most people puke the first time they do it. It is nine different exercises with three sets each. Each set you are given 80 seconds to complete ten reps and as soon as that time is up you must start your next set. This continues until you're done, the exercises include squat, RDL, bench, push press, lat pulldown...

Wednesday off

Thursday - similar to Monday except hang cleans, deads, high pull with low weights

Friday - exact same as friday

Saturday- off

Sunday- off

Now if anyone feels like critiquing the workout understand its not a bodybuilding workout its for athletic performance and is overseen by a professional trainer. As someone that has never run a cycle before, do you guys think the back pumps will be too intense to be able to complete the program even with taurine supplemented?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The problem I am most concerned with is back pumps
1,000 mgs. Taurine 3 x times a day should take care of it. I split my leg days: quads/calves, hams/calves, and on hams/calf days I have the back pump issue. Taurine should help, but study up a little more if you want.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I think it is funny his biggest worry with it is back pumps and none of the other potential sides of anabolic use.. Taurine is the way to go, drink enough water, watch the bp, get on a good cycle support like cel cycle assist, eat right, watch sodium intake, maybe some sns creatine..

TexasGuy

Awards
What are your concerns for testosterone compared to essentially t-bol?

Both will shut you down, require PCT (illegal medication, don't buy in to the GNC bs) et cetera.

At least injecting won't have much potential to screw with your liver. halodrol purportedly is less likely to convert to estrogen but it's a moot point if injecting correctly. Test will probably cost less too if you have a good connect, and anyone who can get your clomid or anastrozole will be, and you'll be needing both as mentioned above so....

TexasGuy

Awards
You're basically getting drunk on Vodka because you aren't ready for whiskey yet, it doesn't make sense.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea like mountainman33 said just supplement taurine and drink a lot of water. You can check out some taurine over at strong supplement shop.