poison ivy

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Is it smart to train with a severe case of poison ivy? I've got it bad arms, legs, stomach...haven't lifted for 4 days because of it now I'm feeling disgusting ha..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why not, It's not contagious. You'll just look like a leper.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SuapaFreak

SuapaFreak

Awards
Also the sweating will probably make it itch worse... It could spread

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Also the sweating will probably make it itch worse... It could spread
-This

Sweating will make it spread and naturally feel worse. Until it drys up it will easily spread to other parts of your body through sweat. I generally try and take as hot of a shower as possible to try and speed up the drying out process .... no real science behind this...just works for me. There are special bars of soap you can use as well that helps to dry it out.

Tecnu is the company and they make the best products to deal with poison oak/ivy. Check it out....

http://www.amazon.com/Tecnu-Extreme-Medicated-Poison-Scrub/dp/B0007IOVZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1413498281&sr=1-3&keywords=poison+ivy+soap\

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Thanks guys...Honestly I'm taking this as my week break it's pretty bad and uncomfortable when I wear a hoodie and long pants. ..plus it smells haha...went to the doc and got some prednisone and antibiotics..

DangerBrain

Awards
I just went through this myself. A hot bath with baking soda worked better than all the crap I bought at the pharmacy. Make a paste and cake it on then soak.