wray98

wray98

Awards
The basics work for chest.

Incline presses
Flat presses (bench or dumbbell)
Decline presses
Dumbbell flyes

Probably in that order! I personally pre exhaust my chest with a fly of some sort, usually cables then move on to presses. But if you want all out mass and are fairly new to training I would start with presses after warming up. Good luck

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incline press
Flat bench
Alternate weekly from bar to dumbbells

Keep it heavy. Rep range 6-8 until you can reach 10-12 rep on the same weight. You can also alternate rep range and weight. One week heavy the other mediocre with rep range at 12-15. Lots of ways to play wit it. But that's usually what I do and I'm known for my chest so it works for (me).

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the suggested lifts they said. Stick with the basics if you're new to lifting, and hit it hard.

I like this too:

alternate rep range and weight.

Lots of ways to play wit it.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
No dips huh? I like incline bench, flat bench, flys, and dips for complete chest development. Lately been going with dumbbells only on bench due to years of heavy barbell bench pressing toasting my shoulders.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dios is a given that's why. Not just done on chest day

jaces

jaces

Awards
Try also to focus your chest while you are benching , and dont get your ego up and try benching a sht load of weight , that wl only make your mass gains slower

warrior737

Awards
My preference is Close grip incline and flat bench. Also wide grip dips with feet in front to isolate chest. Feet behind isolates triceps more.

Fearlessj40

Awards
was looking for chest workouts myself which i always stuggle on ill try these for few weeks thanks ill post when hopefully get results

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I didn't read everyones post but a big chest... move big weight
Some "accessory" work lifts fire the chest for some and others not so much, just depends on what works for you.

1) Bench Press... HEAVY
2) Flyes...
3) Dips
4) Dumbbells every other week
5) Pushups .... oh yeah I went there. Smash some pushups after heavy training.

warrior737

Awards
I didn't read everyones post but a big chest... move big weight
Some "accessory" work lifts fire the chest for some and others not so much, just depends on what works for you.

1) Bench Press... HEAVY
2) Flyes...
3) Dips
4) Dumbbells every other week
5) Pushups .... oh yeah I went there. Smash some pushups after heavy training.
I also enjoy super setting cable flys with pushups. Burn baby burn.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I also enjoy super setting cable flys with pushups. Burn baby burn.
I did that during last weeks chest workout as part of my accessory work.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Anyone do dumbbell pullovers anymore? I toss these in every other week or so. Hits lats and pecs but its a nice bridge between chest and back for me. I do back/triceps and then chest/delts/biceps the next day before moving on to legs/abs the following day.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone do dumbbell pullovers anymore? I toss these in every other week or so. Hits lats and pecs but its a nice bridge between chest and back for me. I do back/triceps and then chest/delts/biceps the next day before moving on to legs/abs the following day.
I love doing them for a lat stretch. I don't really bring them over far enough to get much chest involved though.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Db pullovers are a good exercise for your serratus!

jaces

jaces

Awards
Yeah love db pulovers , just keep your arms straight and sqeuze your pecs for tension