MI40 or DC or DY HIT

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Hello guys.. I will continue my cutting diet from other week till end of September after i will start Reverse dieting for 6-8weeks. I will do diet with
Jason Blaha's Ice Cream 5x5 workout program and i will do this program until I finish with Reverse dieting and after reverse I will start Hard Core mass (with lots of clean food.. ok maybe sometimes Junk hehe :D) and I need your advice which of these programs will do good job for me?

MI40
-
I have everything (videos, manuals etc.) but i still can't understand Intentions.

1.Should i do on every exercise or no? ( i see in schedule its marked-* on different exercises and written for ex. * with intentions) but I'm still confused.. Need help from someone who tried this program
2. There is Intentions just for Back/Legs/Chest exercises or I miss something? I watched all videos for Biceps and B-Pak doesn't tell something about intentions for biceps...

DC (dogg crap)
-Only thing i know is this is 3xday program nothing else.. I should download something from internet or where i can get most details??

DY HIT (Dorian Yates style)
- This is something he trained in his very beginning but this program is till failure.. I will write the program

Week1 Week2
Workout1 Workout 2
Rest Rest
Workout2 Rest
Rest Workout 1
Rest Rest
Workout1 Workout2
Rest Rest

Workout 1:
Chest:
-BP 3x8
-Incline BP 3x8
-Incline Fly 2x8-10
Back:
-
Lat pulldown 3x8
-Bent over rows 3x8
-Deadlift 3x8
Shoulders:
-Shoulder press 3x8
-Lateral raise 3x8
-Bent over lateral raise 3x8

Workout 2:
Quads:
-Squats 4x8
-Hack squats 3x8
Hamstrings:
-Lying curls 3x8
Biceps:
-Barbel Curl 3x8
-Scot curls 2x8
Triceps:
-Pushdown 3x8
-French press 2x8

Now its your turn... Shoot your advices :)

amarula

Awards
What is your goal? Experience? I don't know what is MI40 but HIT and DC are programs, IMO, for someone who has enough experience

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
My goal is Hard-core Mass (with great nutrition!)
Experience: almost 2yrs
I agree that i need experience for HIT (don't know for DC) but i will wait what others would say, but i think its best MI40 because i can learn lots techniques for HIT training (negatives, squeezing the muscles and etc.) but lets see what others will say :)

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
With only 2 years of experience it's hard to gauge how well you have your technique and mind-muscle connection in place. Personally, the first 2-3 years of my lifting life was a wash, I didn't have everything in place that I needed to in order to progress. My nutrition was all over the place, and I just tried to blast my muscles and not focus on my technique and properly utilizing my muscles during my workouts. I would start there and really make sure you are doing everything correctly before moving into a high intensity routine. I'm not sure how advanced you are after 2 years, but i'm assuming you can still learn a lot and make a lot of gains.

I've tried DC training, and it is no joke. I couldn't run it very long due to aching joints and the toll it takes on your body. Granted at the time I was trying to diet, which in hindsight was a dumb mistake on my part.

Gains aren't going to come from the "perfect" routine. Just using typical methods with any sort of progression will help a majority of lifters out there. After looking up Jason Blaha's Ice Cream 5x5 it looks like solid setup for someone in your position. I would recommend maybe moving into something like Layne Norton's PHAT routine, which focuses a lot of big money moves (squat, bench etc) with some additional hypertrophy exercises. Just start off on the low end of the volume and work your way up.

mentalflex

mentalflex

Awards
You'll need more experience for DC to be effective for you... Not knocking you, but it takes a keen ability to know your body, the right exercises, the right rep schemes and to be able to go to you absolute physical limit. It takes time to develop that kind of training intensity and knowledge... Give a program like Dorian Yates's a go and begin to experiment with rest-pausing (a la DC style) and various rep ranges as seen with DC. Add in some widowmakers and see how you do with them and what they do for you body.

DC is good for the person who just likes to grind away and doesn't mind not having a lack of a lot of variation. I used DC for about 3 years stright through contest preps and all. It is abit tricky to use when dieting, but it can be done.

Something you may want to look into is Fortitude Training... Do a google search on it :)

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Thanks for answers guys!! I have question for Wafflestomped, you doesn't think that PHAT its more advanced for me?? I don't know I'm just asking...

I agree with you both that i have lots to learn.. Techniques, mind-muscle connection and other stuff and this is the reason i want to try MI40 because Ben Pakulski every time talks about Tension (not WEIGHT), Time under tension, Negatives, great form and etc.. And in instructional videos he all the time talks about that and I think i should run his program and give a try that 6 weeks and see what happens...

About DC i heard that its good for mass but not for cutting... Ok i will skip the DC training and i will try it maybe next year. Thanks guys a lot..

BTW do you know any member who tried MI40 on this forum??

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Just do MI40. Its a great and diffucult program. I put on 12ish pounds on my first run through.

Just do intensions where he says. You cant really do them for arms. They are helpful but not t he most important part
What is the most important:

Following the prescribed Tempo
Sticking strictly to the rest period
Doing the NOS sets
Not messing around between exersises.

You also want to make sure you get a mind muscle connection. I'll use chest for an example:
At the bottem of bench press rep, squeeze/contract your chest before you push back up. That way you ensure your chest is doing the work.

Work through the first week and add in intensions where you can. If you need time to work it out, the short rest, exersise tempo and nos will be more than enough to stimulate growth for the first week.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
If you want a great mass building program I'd suggest looking into German volume training. Its a really simple yet brutal program

vikingbeard

Awards
If you want a great mass building program I'd suggest looking into German volume training. Its a really simple yet brutal program
how long i the gvt supposed to be used for ? i saw a post from this site from a friend on Facebook about only doing gvt for a month maybe twice a year ? I have been doing it for a few months now and honestly feeling like crap . Possibly overtraining ?

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Could be, I've ran it as long as 12 weeks before w/o issue but i was juicing heavily at the time I'm on week 3 right now no problems thus far, gonna give it another 3-5 weeks and I'll let u know how I feel

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
You'll need more experience for DC to be effective for you... Not knocking you, but it takes a keen ability to know your body, the right exercises, the right rep schemes and to be able to go to you absolute physical limit. It takes time to develop that kind of training intensity and knowledge... Give a program like Dorian Yates's a go and begin to experiment with rest-pausing (a la DC style) and various rep ranges as seen with DC. Add in some widowmakers and see how you do with them and what they do for you body.

DC is good for the person who just likes to grind away and doesn't mind not having a lack of a lot of variation. I used DC for about 3 years stright through contest preps and all. It is abit tricky to use when dieting, but it can be done.

Something you may want to look into is Fortitude Training... Do a google search on it :)
Bro, Sick Avi, Is that you?

amarula

Awards
how long i the gvt supposed to be used for ? i saw a post from this site from a friend on Facebook about only doing gvt for a month maybe twice a year ? I have been doing it for a few months now and honestly feeling like crap . Possibly overtraining ?
That post is correct

mentalflex

mentalflex

Awards
Bro, Sick Avi, Is that you?
Yeah man... that's me. This was two years ago. In the shows I did in May and June this year I was leaner and carried more size as well as a grainier look.

My belief is that one should utilize a combination of volume and HIT techniques, either in daily undulating fashion or periodized over a longer period of time. I used DC for a while and then came down a nasty intestinal problem that sent me into a health spiral and put me in the hospital. I subsequently lost about 45lbs... As I recovered I utilized Mountain Dog training and after 12 weeks, took a 10 day cruise and then blasted with DC. I developed a nice dense musculature for a bantamweight and now am using Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training, which varies the training protocol over the week combining Heavy (loading) training, pump sets and HIT techniques, a la muscle rounds.

I'm new to this site but definitely not new to forums...

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
mentalflex can you post here on send me in private message links from Mountain dog training and Fortitude training??? Thanks.
Docmattic you followed diet written be B-Pak while you training MI40 or you design your own diet plan??

mentalflex

mentalflex

Awards
I don't have enough posts to do links... I'm heading out of town, but message me with your email address and I'll get back to you on Monday

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I did Bens diet.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
My goal is Hard-core Mass (with great nutrition!)
Experience: almost 2yrs
I agree that i need experience for HIT (don't know for DC) but i will wait what others would say, but i think its best MI40 because i can learn lots techniques for HIT training (negatives, squeezing the muscles and etc.) but lets see what others will say :)
I like HIT style training because It really forces you to listen to your body and at times it forces you to be patient. Plateaus with HIT are inevitable but intensity techniques allow for forced progression(partials,negatives,rest pauses, drop sets, static holds,etc.) anything to increase the load and to challenge the muscle. People tend to not like the low volume but to those people I would say throw in a workout "finisher" to add some volume, which can be fun yet make you wanna Puke all at the same time. I used to do Gordon Lavelle style HIT and would do variations of the farmers walk 3 times a week on my push pull and leg days just to feel that extra brutality. Plus you don't need as many calories. You can carb cycle or just remain high carb as long as you're doing cardio 3 times a week. If you aren't progressing eat more

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll throw in my 0.02 here. I really like DC a lot, but the DY training is good as well. Essentially using heavy weight to failure with RP does put a toll on your body but it works. Agreed with what people said about having the exp to use DC. If you can't feel your muscles working, know what rep ranges work for you and what movements are best for you, then you may want to experiment more. Good luck.

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Docmattic Can i skip NOS for Deadlift?(I think there is no NOS for squat).. And how much NOS should I do after 4th set??

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Just watch the videos and read the material.
You do 4 drop sets for nos. You aim for 4-6 reps on each.
Just do what the exersise plan outlines...if it doesn't say it dont do it. You don't do nos for every exersise.

But seriously, you're over thinking it. Just pick a program and do it.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm personally a big fan of DC training, however with only 2 years of experience I think you would be able to progress further using DYs routine.

DC training requires you to be able to go to war every single workout. You have to make that ONE RP set count, nothing else does. People who havent been training for 3+ years dont seem to be able to dig deep enough while also being mindful of proper form, muscle recruitment, etc. Not saying this is specific to you, but with Dorians routine you can still hit it HARD, keep track of your weights, and have progressive overload which is the real KEY to muscle growth.