What is best for mass?

  1. What is best for mass?


    What is better for gaining mass

    Split workout or up/lw workout?


  2. Way too generic of a question, mass can definitely be gained with either.
    Board Rep for PHWSupplements
    Use Coupon code NICK10 for 10% off any order!
    www.phwsupplements.com/

  3. Yeah okay that is true xD but i wanna know which one will be more effective in a clean bulk?
    •   
       

  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzzzbrah View Post
    Yeah okay that is true xD but i wanna know which one will be more effective in a clean bulk?
    Both.
    I prefer the split just because I can use more intensity per session (extra recovery time between workouts targeting specific groups)

    Again just a personal preference.
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  5. Ah okay, thanks for the answers guys,

    i know enough.

  6. Yea, I prefer splits as well. With that said I've also had success with upper/lower. It's all personal preference and what's working for ya at the time.
    Board Rep for PHWSupplements
    Use Coupon code NICK10 for 10% off any order!
    www.phwsupplements.com/

  7. I am going to start with split for 6 weeks and if it goes great then keep going with it and if it doesnt work theni will try up/lw :-)

  8. more food is more important
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  9. I am already eating 500 more then i need and i am only eating clean food

  10. Quote Originally Posted by zyzzzbrah View Post
    I am already eating 500 more then i need and i am only eating clean food
    try eating a few thousand more. in other words, you can have the "best" plan for yourself at the time but still not gain due to lack of food. and the best plan is so subjective as belief in a program means a lot when it comes to success of a plan. and the best plan changes as your training age increases. there are proven programs that help you to adapt the plan to your needs. get on one of those. me being a strength athlete i dont follow the mass plans.

    as for eating so little over your maintanence, do you take into account the daily change in caloric needs? some days you may burn 500 more calories and therefore not gain much. in other words, eating more always helps. not gaining, eat more. not gaining still, get on a proven plan for mass and eat even more. when i want to gain strength i eat when im not full, not just when im scheduled or hungry or when i can.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  11. I will try that ! Thanks for the advice

  12. Definitely try upping your calories a bit more. And you can get great gains from either training method. As to which is more effective it depends on the person. Everyone responds differently to different training stimulus. While I do prefer splits because I feel like I can hit the selected muscle groups harder and with more intensity, if you don't have a lot of time and can only train a few times a week though, upper body/lower body splits are the obvious choice to go with.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    try eating a few thousand more. in other words, you can have the "best" plan for yourself at the time but still not gain due to lack of food. and the best plan is so subjective as belief in a program means a lot when it comes to success of a plan. and the best plan changes as your training age increases. there are proven programs that help you to adapt the plan to your needs. get on one of those. me being a strength athlete i dont follow the mass plans.

    as for eating so little over your maintanence, do you take into account the daily change in caloric needs? some days you may burn 500 more calories and therefore not gain much. in other words, eating more always helps. not gaining, eat more. not gaining still, get on a proven plan for mass and eat even more. when i want to gain strength i eat when im not full, not just when im scheduled or hungry or when i can.
    Love it. Nice post.
    Black Lion Research Representative

  14. Thank you guys really helpful !

  15. Also you're hardly going to be able to tell anything about a program in six weeks, run it for six months and then see where you are.

  16. You might want to look into full body advanced workouts. These workouts focus on the compound lifts + a couple of ancillarys to hit bis/tris/abs/calves. There are some really good workout suggestions on BB.com that go over these. Also, a really good article on T-Nation by Chad Waterbury, whose workout saw me make great gains in both size and strength. You can find it here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...6C-mcd01.hydra

  17. I shall take a look thAnks!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. IBE Epistane/CEL Stanodrol stack, What is best for PCT?
    By rudeboy34 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 04:08 AM
  2. what is best for prolactin
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 06:13 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
  4. what equipment is best for cardio?
    By goes4ever in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 01:33 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Log in
Log in