Awards
What is better for gaining mass

Split workout or up/lw workout?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way too generic of a question, mass can definitely be gained with either.

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
Yeah okay that is true xD but i wanna know which one will be more effective in a clean bulk?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yeah okay that is true xD but i wanna know which one will be more effective in a clean bulk?
Both.
I prefer the split just because I can use more intensity per session (extra recovery time between workouts targeting specific groups)

Again just a personal preference.

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
Ah okay, thanks for the answers guys,

i know enough. :)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, I prefer splits as well. With that said I've also had success with upper/lower. It's all personal preference and what's working for ya at the time.

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
I am going to start with split for 6 weeks and if it goes great then keep going with it and if it doesnt work theni will try up/lw :)

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
more food is more important

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
I am already eating 500 more then i need and i am only eating clean food

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I am already eating 500 more then i need and i am only eating clean food
try eating a few thousand more. in other words, you can have the "best" plan for yourself at the time but still not gain due to lack of food. and the best plan is so subjective as belief in a program means a lot when it comes to success of a plan. and the best plan changes as your training age increases. there are proven programs that help you to adapt the plan to your needs. get on one of those. me being a strength athlete i dont follow the mass plans.

as for eating so little over your maintanence, do you take into account the daily change in caloric needs? some days you may burn 500 more calories and therefore not gain much. in other words, eating more always helps. not gaining, eat more. not gaining still, get on a proven plan for mass and eat even more. when i want to gain strength i eat when im not full, not just when im scheduled or hungry or when i can.

0lympus

Awards
Definitely try upping your calories a bit more. And you can get great gains from either training method. As to which is more effective it depends on the person. Everyone responds differently to different training stimulus. While I do prefer splits because I feel like I can hit the selected muscle groups harder and with more intensity, if you don't have a lot of time and can only train a few times a week though, upper body/lower body splits are the obvious choice to go with.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
try eating a few thousand more. in other words, you can have the "best" plan for yourself at the time but still not gain due to lack of food. and the best plan is so subjective as belief in a program means a lot when it comes to success of a plan. and the best plan changes as your training age increases. there are proven programs that help you to adapt the plan to your needs. get on one of those. me being a strength athlete i dont follow the mass plans.

as for eating so little over your maintanence, do you take into account the daily change in caloric needs? some days you may burn 500 more calories and therefore not gain much. in other words, eating more always helps. not gaining, eat more. not gaining still, get on a proven plan for mass and eat even more. when i want to gain strength i eat when im not full, not just when im scheduled or hungry or when i can.
Love it. Nice post.

anonymous_bur

anonymous_bur

Awards
Also you're hardly going to be able to tell anything about a program in six weeks, run it for six months and then see where you are.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
You might want to look into full body advanced workouts. These workouts focus on the compound lifts + a couple of ancillarys to hit bis/tris/abs/calves. There are some really good workout suggestions on BB.com that go over these. Also, a really good article on T-Nation by Chad Waterbury, whose workout saw me make great gains in both size and strength. You can find it here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/totalbody_training;jsessionid=6FFC514EEE7A3AF9D3FA53B8CA659D6C-mcd01.hydra