Back pumps

RoyalT81

Awards
Ok' I had always heard people talking about them.
Never had them a figured since my preworkout has 4g taurine in it' I never would'
But holy s#^% ! I have to fight through almost unbearable pain just to do light leg work. Warm up weight and I'm crying like a baby!
I know I'm not injured! And I know the pumps are prob coming from extra glycogen storage. But dam' wtf' I guess I'm going to start doubling my taurine' start warring a belt? I've read many articles and it's just "take taurine eat a f"n banana' there has got to b something better' I could barley drive home today my back hurt so bad' just wanted to pull over and lay on the side of the street! After getting home laying on my stomach pump went away in 2 mins! Any ideas would be much help' thx

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have seen Taurine dosed at 10g on a few cycles.
Cheap as hell so worth trying IMO

RoyalT81

Awards
Thanks man, think I'll start with 10g and see how it goes

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Ok' I had always heard people talking about them. Never had them a figured since my preworkout has 4g taurine in it' I never would' But holy s#^% ! I have to fight through almost unbearable pain just to do light leg work. Warm up weight and I'm crying like a baby! I know I'm not injured! And I know the pumps are prob coming from extra glycogen storage. But dam' wtf' I guess I'm going to start doubling my taurine' start warring a belt? I've read many articles and it's just "take taurine eat a f"n banana' there has got to b something better' I could barley drive home today my back hurt so bad' just wanted to pull over and lay on the side of the street! After getting home laying on my stomach pump went away in 2 mins! Any ideas would be much help' thx
Does it Hurt when you squat?

RoyalT81

Awards
Yeah even at 135 I can feel it comming on, and Stiff leg Deadlifts and can't even concentrate on my hams because my low back is getting so tight, and again only like 135lbs it's just since I started back on cycle, it's never bothered me on previous runs, and not until I got back on, my low back is strong so I know that's not the problem, don't train abs to much and I know that can effect low back during squats, but again I have been training with significantly more weight then I'm able to manage now because of the tightness in my back, so I ruled that out also. It sucks I supposed to be killen it, and using less weight then I was before I started back up.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yeah even at 135 I can feel it comming on, and Stiff leg Deadlifts and can't even concentrate on my hams because my low back is getting so tight, and again only like 135lbs it's just since I started back on cycle, it's never bothered me on previous runs, and not until I got back on, my low back is strong so I know that's not the problem, don't train abs to much and I know that can effect low back during squats, but again I have been training with significantly more weight then I'm able to manage now because of the tightness in my back, so I ruled that out also. It sucks I supposed to be killen it, and using less weight then I was before I started back up.
You might have some anterior pelvic tilt. In other words, you have weak lower abs and glutes and tight hip flexors and low back!

RoyalT81

Awards
Yeah, I had thought of that, but what wouldn't make sense in that senecio is that I was lifting regularly at least double what I can handle now, I'm sure my lower abs could be stronger, but they have already been conditioned to handling heavier weights regularly. I should works on my core more directly though you are right about that

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
This is a normal problem after correcting pelvic tilt issues. The lower lumbar erectors are usually very weak, as almost every sits and walks without an elongated spine and proper activation.

When mobility and technique is corrected and movement patterns aswell, you'll feel the troublesome lowest erectors burning even with light weights.

I had this problem myself, and the cure was to work away from the movement daily life dysfunction. Sitting and walking correctly, diaphragmatic breathing and activation of your inner abdominal wall.

It may seem illogical that you have weak erectors (actually I think it may be the multifidus that is pumping), but look at it this way: when it's never active except in the gym, a few times a week, it's hard to build it into a functional state.

Hope this helps. (We are talking about LOW back pumps, right?)

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Ok' I had always heard people talking about them.
Never had them a figured since my preworkout has 4g taurine in it' I never would'
But holy s#^% ! I have to fight through almost unbearable pain just to do light leg work. Warm up weight and I'm crying like a baby!
I know I'm not injured! And I know the pumps are prob coming from extra glycogen storage. But dam' wtf' I guess I'm going to start doubling my taurine' start warring a belt? I've read many articles and it's just "take taurine eat a f"n banana' there has got to b something better' I could barley drive home today my back hurt so bad' just wanted to pull over and lay on the side of the street! After getting home laying on my stomach pump went away in 2 mins! Any ideas would be much help' thx

i mean 6 1 250 is a lot of stress on anyones back, a lot of these issues just stem from poor overall and also specific core endurance. I 've seen many times a man improve his general physical preparation which results in decreased back pumps

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
This is a normal problem after correcting pelvic tilt issues. The lower lumbar erectors are usually very weak, as almost every sits and walks without an elongated spine and proper activation.

When mobility and technique is corrected and movement patterns aswell, you'll feel the troublesome lowest erectors burning even with light weights.

I had this problem myself, and the cure was to work away from the movement daily life dysfunction. Sitting and walking correctly, diaphragmatic breathing and activation of your inner abdominal wall.

It may seem illogical that you have weak erectors (actually I think it may be the multifidus that is pumping), but look at it this way: when it's never active except in the gym, a few times a week, it's hard to build it into a functional state.

Hope this helps. (We are talking about LOW back pumps, right?)
posture is always a good thing to analyze as well, kudos to everyone above

RoyalT81

Awards
Yeah, still hard for me to admitt that it could be a strength issue. I did just go through some very throu adjustments at a chiro. Maybe I was training this whole time jacked up. And now that everything is in place the muscles are untrained? I am up about 10lbs, finally broke past a 3 year weight Plato, hell yeah!! It's just crazy to me I had really strong lifts and never really had a problem with my low back getting unbearably tight. I'm going to take everybody's advice though, thanks for all the suggestions

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Definitely sounds like what I described. Stop sitting in a posterior pelvic tilt is the best thing you can do, you'll feel the burn when in front of your computer the first days, but it will pass quickly.

I had the pump for months after I fixed my technique (was hinging and the back, not properly with my hip) and didn't realize for months what was the culprit for the horrible pumps.

After a couple if weeks of working on it, it was 100 fixed.

GL mate!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Didn't you say it just started "after" you started your cycle? If so I doubt it is from lack of strength or poor posture. It is more than likely the PH you are running, What's your cycle consist of?

RoyalT81

Awards
Yeah, it did start shortly after I got on. But that's also about what time I started getting adjustments. I'm running sust, tren a, and dbol,
But regardless I need to work on more core it will help with everything, just hate it. You guys helped out a lot , just getting back on the boards, it's been a while since I was on here. Ok 10g of taurine and core training. Doing deads Tomorrow, we will see how it goes, I might be layed out on the gym floor, lol
Thx again everybody