Ignorant When it Comes to Deadlifts?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks T-Bone. I love deadlifts. They are so hard, but so rewarding. I feel like deadlifts are the most functional exercise you can do. Squats may incorporate more muscles, but deadlifts help you pull and lift things - which is something every human being comes across in their daily life. Deadlifting heavy also builds cardio-vascular endurance in my opinion. A couple heavy sets of deads will get the heart going and leave you gasping for air. It is always good to get information that helps you perfect the exercise - not just to improve efficiency and increase weights, but also to avoid injury so that you can keep working!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Thanks T-Bone. I love deadlifts. They are so hard, but so rewarding. I feel like deadlifts are the most functional exercise you can do. Squats may incorporate more muscles, but deadlifts help you pull and lift things - which is something every human being comes across in their daily life. Deadlifting heavy also builds cardio-vascular endurance in my opinion. A couple heavy sets of deads will get the heart going and leave you gasping for air. It is always good to get information that helps you perfect the exercise - not just to improve efficiency and increase weights, but also to avoid injury so that you can keep working!
Plus after heavy deadlifts you feel like you really earned your pwo meal.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice! Love - Hate relationship with deadlifts!
I can see this. I start my back workout with deadlifts and it seems like it is a workout in itself just doing this one exercise. I would be satisfied with myself if I just did deadlifts and left the gym sometimes. It is almost like a love - fear relationship for me. I don't hate them at all, but getting psyched up to do them is tough and there is some fear there almost. They are also the only lift that actually kind of hurts if you miss a rep after the start. Like if you get the bar off the floor and have to stop 1/4 of the way or whatever, everything gets so tight and then fails and it hurts (not in an injury way).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had plenty of days that I went in and did a brutal DL session and left. There is a certain satisfaction in this knowing you kicked your own ass with one movement.

ishpart

ishpart

Awards
Hands down favorite exercise! I also start of back day with these.