bobo please advice

GottaMakeIt

Awards
hey bobo
can you please help me out, No matter what I do I cant seem to develope the outermost part of my chest. I know muscle shape is mostly genetics, but Is there any exercises that can spot increase that part. Im attaching a pic and ive circled the part which Im talking about. I do declines and dips but its not working :sad:

thanks!

Attachments

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Seated Lower Cable Crossovers... hit those up my man. Those things will explode that lower portion, basically flipped my chest upside down. Now my upper is playing catch up and not vice-versa.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Seated Lower Cable Crossovers... hit those up my man. Those things will explode that lower portion, basically flipped my chest upside down. Now my upper is playing catch up and not vice-versa.
Interesting, I thought lower Cable X would hit the upper/inner chest. I've seen your pics from your log, so obviously you know what you're talking about.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
make sure your seated, that lowers the angle and scoot the seat way way up so you are pulling from behind you instead of across. That ist he key.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Ahhhhhh
make sure your seated, that lowers the angle and scoot the seat way way up so you are pulling from behind you instead of across. That ist he key.

GottaMakeIt

Awards
hey bro
thanks for answering,, are these like standing cable crosovers? but seated on a bench?

and do you go high reps on these, or heavy?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
they are pretty much, except i dont cross them over. You sit on a bench pushed up to where the cables are behind you. Grab them bring them up to your chest and your arms should look like they are in the position to do a normal fly. Kinda hard to explain, so bare with me lol. When you are doing the reps, your arms should be at a 45 degree angle below the shoulders. You then let the weight pull your arms back,then its more of a pulling up and in movement instead of just straight in with regular cable crossovers. This probably made no sense, and if you don't understand I will get some pictures demonstrating. I would hit 8-10 heavy heavy reps with this, but if you go to heavy your biceps come into work more trying to stabilize your arm. 3 sets at the end of my workout and my chest is totally shot too.

GottaMakeIt

Awards
they are pretty much, except i dont cross them over. You sit on a bench pushed up to where the cables are behind you. Grab them bring them up to your chest and your arms should look like they are in the position to do a normal fly. Kinda hard to explain, so bare with me lol. When you are doing the reps, your arms should be at a 45 degree angle below the shoulders. You then let the weight pull your arms back,then its more of a pulling up and in movement instead of just straight in with regular cable crossovers. This probably made no sense, and if you don't understand I will get some pictures demonstrating

PLEASE DO!
Im still confused about the movement, pics would help a lot

thanks again

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Instead of me looking all retarded like trying to take a picture, pose, and get it to look right. I decided to take a picture of the magazine where I got it from. The guy in the picture is Branch Warren, a guy who comes down to my city every couple of months. He referred me to this magazine article when I was talking to him about lagging chest. Here you go. Hope this helps

I'll quote the box in the middle. "One variation of cable crossovers he loves is the one you see here, performed seated on the bench and with the stirrup handles attached to the low pulleys. It hits that area of your chest on the outside and bottom of the pecs and you can feel the fibers being isolated just perfectly" (Muscular Development Jan. 2005 Pg. 146)

Last edited:

GottaMakeIt

Awards
Instead of me looking all retarded like trying to take a picture, pose, and get it to look right. I decided to take a picture of the magazine where I got it from. The guy in the picture is Branch Warren, a guy who comes down to my city every couple of months. He referred me to this magazine article when I was talking to him about lagging chest. Here you go. Hope this helps

I'll quote the box in the middle. "One variation of cable crossovers he loves is the one you see here, performed seated on the bench and with the stirrup handles attached to the low pulleys. It hits that area of your chest on the outside and bottom of the pecs and you can feel the fibers being isolated just perfectly" (Muscular Development Jan. 2005 Pg. 146)
got it