Slipondajimmy's Weight Loss Log - AnabolicMinds.com

Slipondajimmy's Weight Loss Log

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

Talking Slipondajimmy's Weight Loss Log

Well IM all signed up with Bobo and I start sunday 2/27 I think. I dont know what to think . I went and got a gym membership yesterday. Before that I had never seen the inside of a gym. To make thinks worse..the gym is right next store to my favorite all you can eat chinese buffet....lol. Im starting this as though im a kid learning to ride a bike for the first time. Im sure it will all work out but it is definately a shock so far. So I figured I would start a log like everyone else to show my progress. Im currently 5-7 and about 203lbs. Thats about all I know . Maybe this log will help me keep motivated and instead Of a heaping order of boneless spare ribs and sushi I will come home and post on here instead...lmao . I have a pic of me currently but im going to wait a bit to add it .

Everyone wish me luck in the Slave Driving....Opps I mean ever so capable hands of Bobo
    Last edited by slipondajimmy; 02-21-2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

Nice, this will be an interesting log. Good luck man, I"m sure you can do it.

3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

Well So I started Today and I must say the gym I joined must have hidden the obese gym employees that dont know anything when I signed up . Dont want to sound rude but You think the people employeed at these places would know what the equipment does, Be in better shape then me, and could help a person new to all of this. And I cant even get a trainer to give me the basics till the end of the week . Man im pissed. Going to waste a whole week just waiting for someone to show me where all the damn stuff I need to use is .
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

MORONS!!!!!

Find the manager bro and ask him.

Sunday's in general are bad because the "supplemental" staff is usually working. Find someone competent during the week and you you find what you need its all downhill from there.

I also gave you that link in your email that shows the different exercises for each group so just find those machines if they a complet inept staff at that gym. It shouldn't take you long once you get used to your surroundings.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

Yeah thats pretty much what I was saying...lol . Hell Even If they could have pointed me in the right direction . I had what I needed to do on paper. So I ended up using the only damn thing I new how and hopped on the Treadmill for a hour and a half. Then came home and did whatever I could here.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy
    Yeah thats pretty much what I was saying...lol . Hell Even If they could have pointed me in the right direction . I had what I needed to do on paper. So I ended up using the only damn thing I new how and hopped on the Treadmill for a hour and a half. Then came home and did whatever I could here.
    Wow an hour and a half on the tread mill? That is a long time man..

Good luck with your training bro, follow what BOBO says and you will make it happen..
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy
    So I ended up using the only damn thing I new how and hopped on the Treadmill for a hour and a half.
    Uh...

Don't do that again.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Professional Member

I know this may sound silly, but take one day and go to the gym. Instead of training, walk around the gym a familarize yourself with where everything is. You could even write things down in a notebook just so you know where to find things. This will make transitioning to different equipment more time effecient and may even help you become more comfortable with the gym.

Best of luck.
  9. Board Supporter

Any updates? I just signed up for the same program and am starting out about where you did. How's it working out?

10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

update is as followed.

Gym has got alot easier for me . I had a pretty big learning curve and still find myself lost from time to time. I started at 203 lbs on the 27th of last month and as of saturday I was at about 195 1/2 . It seems harder for me now to do the diet though . First 2 weeks was a breeze and now that I am starting to see some progress I want to eat everything I see. (but im not) My grandfather was put into intensive care a few weeks ago and lost his leg. So im finding it alot harder to take care of him and then get to the gym. I have only missed 1 or 2 days .

A few things I have put in my head that might help you.

1) All the buff people in the gym didnt get like that overnight.
    2) As much as you might want to say the hell with it just stick to it.
    3)Legs and abs suck and ......well they suck.
    4)Get rid of your scale if you have it ...lol I have made it a point to weigh myself once a week .

But all that aside I would without a doubt reccommend Bobo to anyone in a second. His plan is easy to follow and he is ready to helpl you out anyway he can. I have not been below 200 in about 5 years and it gives me more of a reason to continue. And thats about all I have to say.
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Considering what your experience was and where you came from, you are doing exceptionally well. If you can stick to this program, you can stick to anything. You are doing great! Keep it up!
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

WOW so over a year later and here is what has happened. I failed. IT had nothing to do with BOBO . Everything I needed was there and laid out perfect.I had some family matters that happened, a failed relationship and everything else that could go wrong did.

The gym never got easy for me. Most of it had to do with no exp. and nobody really wanted to help me in there. It was kinda ****ty really. I guess I was the chubby kid they couldnt be bothered with...lol

The of course the computer crashed and the plan was gone. by that point I was so discouraged I said the hell with it. The funny thing was the diet part of it was a breeze for me. I felt so much better just by the change in diet.

So now my mission is to start up where I left off. This time I will need to find someone to work out with, and not go solo, and start eating right again . Hope I can get it all right this time.

Also sorry to bring up such a old thread.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

are you going ot be wokring with Bobo again? Also is there any other gyms near you that would work better for you?
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

Well I recently moved to Orlando again . There are several gyms in the area. MY concern is making sure I can find someone who will follow thru and go with me. Also I would get right back on BOBOs program once I get back into the swing of things.

It really comes down to me just not having the knowledge in the gym. The motivation was always there, just no exp.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

even if you cant find a training partner you can still go through with the program. Most of the exercises can be done solo (or in a smith cage or something along those lines) and if you need help on exercise form there are many links out there on how to execute them.

If you have any particular questions on a exercise Bobo would be glad to help or someone else (or if I read correctly didnt Bobo send a link on exercise execution?)
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

like I said bobo gave me everything I needed. Before that I had never stepped foot into a gym . The whole thing is just overwhelming to me. It was just hard for me to go . I still dont know what the machines do. I even asked a guy working out next to me about something, and his response to me was if you dont know dont use it.

So thats what im facing. I can do the diet like nothing. Hell I remember most of it. The workout is way to intimidating

Similar Forum Threads

1. iLkYp's Weight Loss Log
    By ilkyspony in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM
  2. Enough is Enough! C0rk's Weight Loss Log
    By C0rk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 03:32 AM
  4. Socrates' weight-loss log